School-Aged Children

has your child made a trip to the principal?

Ok, my DD (kindergarten) got sent to the principal today for cutting a boys sweatshirt.  She thought she was being funny and well it cut his sweatshirt.  I am trying to get a straight answer from the school and I have not got one. 

I feel so let down today.  My DD is a sweetheart, but like all kids does some stupid things and yet it is just bothering me. 

How did you handle your kid going to the principal?  What did they do that they were sent there for and at what age?

TIA

Alyssa born 6/14/05 at 8 lbs 2oz - Ashley born 3/27/10 at 6 lbs 13oz
We had 2 years of IF trying to conceive #2 and one loss during that time. We are currently trying for #3! had another loss the end of June
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: has your child made a trip to the principal?

• #6#6 member

L got sent last week for turning around on the bus.  Apparently he has been warned many other times so the bus driver wrote him up for it and sent him to the principals office.  :(  

If he does it again he is off the bus.  Im not sure if it is for a few days, a week, or the rest of the year.  We NEED him to ride the bus so I hope it doesnt happen again.  I explained to L why he couldnt do what he was doing (as Im sure the principal did as well) and that he needs to listen to his bus driver.  Im more upset that he has been warned about this several times than the fact he was sent to the principals office.  He is a good sweet kid but doesnt always listen.  :(  

He is in Kindergarten.   

• Yes, my son has been to the principal's office. In Kindergarten him and another student were rough housing (playing, not fighting) and because they were on tile and potentially going to fall they got sent to the office. And no joke, written up... My son was 5 and I am assuming the other student was 5 or 6. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Yup. My son is older so there have been a few opportunities. Sigh.

The first time was in 1st grade when he and another little boy put paper towels in the bathroom sink and the sink overflowed, flooding the boys bathroom.

In addition to the Principals office, I made him write a letter of apology to the principal (school) and his teacher.

The second time was for getting into a fight in 5th grade. He was defending himself and the other kid admitted that he started it. So, while he was in the principals office, he didn't get written up or anything.

We told him that we didn't want to hear about him getting into any more fights, and never wanted to hear that he started one. We didn't punish further, because frankly, we are happy that he took a stand and didn't let himself get bullied.

The last time was just recently (8th grade) and it was due to homework issues. He is currently grounded and will be until he gets his schoolwork/grades under control. The guidelines we have set his that for him to get out of grounding, he needs his teachers to sign his homework off for us, daily.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"