Eco-Friendly Family

Soothing fussy post-shot baby?

Anyone have any tips for how to help Bugbear chill out and get more comfortable? She's not acting like she's in a lot of pain, but she's not a fan of anything right now and especially not a fan of anything touching her thigh near where she got the shot.

We have infant tylenol (that hasn't been recalled, I checked), but everything I've read says don't use before 3 months. I'm fine with that since she's not miserable, but is there anything you can think of I can do to help her feel better and get some rest?

Mother's Day, 2011

Re: Soothing fussy post-shot baby?

• Will she let you massage her feet? I used to start at the heel and go straight up to the toes using my thumbs.
  • a warm mommy/baby bath always calmed down Noah- but i think you can also call your pedi and get a dosage for the tylenol.  They said i could give it to N after his shots(i'm pretty sure it was 2mo shots), they gave me a special dosage since his age wasn't on the chart on the box.

and if she'll let it happen- actually rubbing the area where she was shot makes the pain go away faster.  my nurses always said to try and massage the shot area if baby wouldn't fight me too bad. 

• Loading the player...
  • Pedi approved tylenol after E's shots.  Call and get the right dose, then dose her up.
  • imagepixy_stix:
    Pedi approved tylenol after E's shots.  Call and get the right dose, then dose her up.

+1

Also, put the leg through it's full range of motion a few times, every few hours.  Stretching and contracting the area will help her little body absorb the fluid faster, thus reducing the duration and intensity of the painful area.  

• Thanks women! She's passed out in my right arm, and I have dosage info for if she gets fussy later.
    Mother's Day, 2011
  • i second the mommy-baby bath.  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"