1st Trimester

8 weeks and out of breath

Hey Ladies!!

This is my first post!  I've been watching the board and reading how I have a lot of pregnancy symptoms just like other new mommies to be.  But I've been noticing maybe for the past week that I get out of breath really easily.  Talking is when I notice it more than anything.  I'm considered overweight on the BMI chart, but not by much and I usually walk every night.  Is anyone else like this?  Isn't it a bit early?  Especially because we aren't telling people for 4 more weeks, it happened yesterday when I was talking to my boss.  He probably either thought I was nervous of having a heart attack!

Re: 8 weeks and out of breath

• I've been having this issue too.  It comes and goes.  i figure I'll bring it up at my next appt.  I did go to my GP cause i was having a weird sensation in my leg and I told him about it. my vitals were good and he wasn't concerned. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Bella Caroline 4 Months
  • Loading the player...
  • Happens to me too.  I'm a runner (well was before getting pregnant) and walking up 2 flights of stairs gets me out of breath.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm only 5 weeks, but this was one of the first things I noticed that seemed out of the ordinary.  For me, it also happens most when talking.  I'm a counselor, and I'd find myself getting really short of breath while talking with clients.  It was really embarassing, because it makes me think they'll get the impression I'm nervous or uncomfortable.  I also get out of breath from short walks and going up/down steps.
  • It happens to me...it is a syptom of pregnancy but it gets really bad when ur more along....my doc said my iron was low and thats what has been getting me out of breath maybe you should have it checked it happens in 50 percent of pregnant women during pregnancy
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have stairs in my house I am out of breath everytime I use them. Chores are a huge challenge.

• Thank you for posting this. I've been noticing this too and was getting concerned that there was something wrong. I'm a little overweight too (like sz. 12 jeans) but certainly not fat and I thought that had a lot to do with it. Nice to know it's normal!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Me too! I used to run up and down my stairs all the time, now every time I have to stop and catch my breath. I noticed this very early on as well. 
    BabyFruit Ticker   AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I have been having the same problem and I am only 5 weeks. Its worse when I have had caffeine which gets my heart rate up, so I decided that I am going to have to just give it up completely. I am also overweight on the bmi chart.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • With my last pg I started feeling the same way around the same time.  I suffered with it for weeeeeeks (stupid, ugh), and then finally told my doctor about it.  They immediately did a finger-stick, and lo and behold!  I was severely anemic.  The nurse actually told me she didn't know how I was conscious at that moment (and to be honest, I was thinking to myself that passing out sounded kind of nice).  They switched me to a PNV with lots of iron and I was just fine.  Well, not exactly...they made me kind of sick, but all for a good cause, right?

Definitely let your doc know about this!! 

// I love you too. //

• Another person confirming that this seems common... I noticed that I can't work out for as long at the gym.  I just shortened the intensity on the treadmill and elliptical and it seems better.  I can still do 45-60 minutes, but on level 2 now instead of level 7.  Works for me! 

TTCAL Siggy Challenge: "He's my favorite.  His birthday is the same as mine almost"

image image

Missing my little one lost at 9 weeks on 2.24.13. brokenhearted but not broken... 

d&c 5/21/13... Still Healing, Still Standing... 

MMC discovered 10/2/2013, TWINS... d&c 10/7/2013.  I still miss you, little ones. 

Surgery December 2013 to remove a 10+cm fibroid... Open myomectomy. Benched for 3-9 months... 
    Will TTC summer Summer 2014 we hope!

Dear God, Since I couldn't hold my little one in my lap and tell him about you, could you hold him in your lap and tell him about me? 

PgAL and PAL always welcome...
  • I feel the same way.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"