Babies: 3 - 6 Months

OMG, this is hilarious

So the weather dudes here in Seattle are forcasting a "snow event" starting around 4 PM here, so in about an hour.  Its supposed to last until about midnight and accumulate a trace to 1 inch in the Seattle Metro area and slightly more in the Seattle 'burbs, like a trace to 2 inches.  The last time there was a "snow event", which was just before Thanksgiving, during the evening commute people were stuck for literally 12 hours on buses because the highways were too icy to drive on.  That time, we got about 4 inches in an hour.   This time, we're looking at 2 inches in about 7 hours. 

For days the news people have been warning Seattlites to stock up on supplies, leave work early, make plans to stay where you are in case you can't get home or get a hotel room for the night.  [readers: go back and read the amount of snow we're supposed to get.]

I just checked our local news page and a BUNCH of school districts around here are already on snow routes, have cancelled evening activies, and are preparing to be either closed or have late starts tomorrow morning. [This would be a good time to go back and again review the amount of snow we're supposed to get.]

It hasn't started snowing yet. It's still in the upper 30s (almost 40) and there are no snow clouds in the sky. 

When Seattle wigs, it wigs like a CHAMP. 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

Re: OMG, this is hilarious

• Wow, Seattle rivals Dallas for National Wig-Out Champs. I got nothin' that beats that. 
    "To me, you are perfect."

• LOL over 1 inch!  You guys would have been lost last year when we had 3 blizzards!
  • Loading the player...
  • Haha wow!!! We pray for a winter with "snow events" like that here in NY. Were expecting snow too, a foot will be a pretty good storm. Goognight and goodluck! Sorry for spelling:grammar errors, on my phone and nursing
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • That is crazy.
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Wow. We got 5 FEET of snow in 2 days in December. It shut down a major highway leaving 300+ people stranded in their vehicles for 24 hours. The military had to fly in helicopters to rescue people because the weather was that bad. Police were out on snowmoblies. Snowplows got stuck. Good luck with your 2 inches of snow Seatlle!  Yes

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • lol that is crazy.  i live in ne ohio..on the lake.  in a snow belt.  we have trace snow in the summer haha
    Sawyer Quinn (09/06/06), Rory Keaton (04/07/08) and Kinsley Saffron (10/12/10). Forever and ever my babies they'll be. A rose can say "I love you",orchids can enthrall,but a weed bouquet in a chubby fist,yes, that says it all.~Author Unknown
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Crazy how different parts of the country react to snow.  South Bend, IN (where I am) got 26 inches in a 12 hour time frame, on Saturday- we are getting 4-8 inches more tonight!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Hahaha! That is so funny! .
  • I'm taking this opportunity to tell you how much I LOVE southern California haha.

Our guys are dumb too. But here, as soon as it starts to drizzle we are on STORM WATCH 2011!

• The winter of 2000-2001 we had record snowfalls. The final total was just over 21 feet. It was crazy. I remember several 40cm (15") snowfalls and the city declared a state of emergency on more than one occasion. My sister, niece and I lived in a basement apartment. We dug ourselves out every morning and dug ourselves back in every evening.

30 second video of it here: https://www.theweathernetwork.com/news/storm_watch_stories3&stormfile=stjohnsrecordsnow_04_02_2010

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagecinema_goddess:

So the weather dudes here in Seattle are forcasting a "snow event" starting around 4 PM here, so in about an hour.  Its supposed to last until about midnight and accumulate a trace to 1 inch in the Seattle Metro area and slightly more in the Seattle 'burbs, like a trace to 2 inches.  The last time there was a "snow event", which was just before Thanksgiving, during the evening commute people were stuck for literally 12 hours on buses because the highways were too icy to drive on.  That time, we got about 4 inches in an hour.   This time, we're looking at 2 inches in about 7 hours. 

For days the news people have been warning Seattlites to stock up on supplies, leave work early, make plans to stay where you are in case you can't get home or get a hotel room for the night.  [readers: go back and read the amount of snow we're supposed to get.]

I just checked our local news page and a BUNCH of school districts around here are already on snow routes, have cancelled evening activies, and are preparing to be either closed or have late starts tomorrow morning. [This would be a good time to go back and again review the amount of snow we're supposed to get.]

It hasn't started snowing yet. It's still in the upper 30s (almost 40) and there are no snow clouds in the sky. 

ARE YOU SERIOUS!?!  I saw the news and our reception isn't very good and I saw all the closings, but I thought there just wasn't any snow around our area.  Wow.  I hope if we do get it, its not as bad as last time. 

• imageblondek8:

Wow. We got 5 FEET of snow in 2 days in December. It shut down a major highway leaving 300+ people stranded in their vehicles for 24 hours. The military had to fly in helicopters to rescue people because the weather was that bad. Police were out on snowmoblies. Snowplows got stuck. Good luck with your 2 inches of snow Seatlle!  Yes

That was wild!
  • imageKailaF10:
    imagecinema_goddess:

ARE YOU SERIOUS!?!  I saw the news and our reception isn't very good and I saw all the closings, but I thought there just wasn't any snow around our area.  Wow.  I hope if we do get it, its not as bad as last time. 

Yup.  Seattle is as dumb as a bag of hair right now.  If Seattle were a person, that is. 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• DH and I have been laughing about this all day! I think they have been forcasting snow for the past week. 

I didn't drive anywhere during the "pre-thanksgiving" storm because I was so afraid of everyone else driving. There were 5 accidents within less than a mile of our house and we don't even live in a busy area. It's insane the amount of stupid that goes on when it snows.

1 snowflake: Schools close, 2 snowflakes: roads close, 3 snowflakes: Holy crap we're all going to die due to being snowed in with lack of supplies. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The CU H works for, and I used to work for is based in Seattle and we are in the Spokane office-- when it snows in Seattle their office practically shuts down and no one comes in.

In Spokane, two years ago when we got all the nasty snow and my son's school was closed and I had no other child care, I got *itched out because we were already down half the Seattle people!

Really? Seattle got a few inches and Spokane 3 feet?

• Yeah, I'm in Vancouver, and the city is officially in panic mode, and there isn't a flake to be seen.

It's supposed to snow like a b!tch overnight, then turn to rain by 9am. Bummer.

• Nice, that sounds pretty lame!  Most of RI schools have cancelled school for tomorrow but we are supposed to get 1-2 feet.  We already got a little over a foot after Christmas so this will be our first snow day.  I'm suped to stay home!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I'm in Maine and people don't freak out over snow until it starts getting really bad out, nothing ever shuts down lol.
  • here in the portland metro area we have flurries and a bunch of closures for tonight already!  it's down right hysterical!!
  • It snowed here in Alabama on Sunday night. We've been out of school for the past two days, and I plan to enjoy another day at home tomorrow as well!

We don't keep snow plows this far south. The good news is that Papa John's still delivers even though the mail isn't running!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our first family photo!

• Yep, this is us too. I live in SC and we got about 3 in sunday night and most schools are already closed for the week. It has turned to ice though so I guess I understand. What I dont understand is why everyone runs to get bread and milk??
  • We got three feet over the weekend. It was a pain in the ass,people were getting stuck all over the place, but other then a lot of groaning over the shoveling out? No concern. I'm still shaking my head that my back alley was plowed before the front street! Umm... i just realized that could sound very dirty out of context. :P

• Oh that's nothing.  I'm in MS and we got zero snow.  Zero.  And schools and daycares were closed yesterday.  I woke up in the morning and went out to the streets and yes they were wet but no ice or snow at all on the streets.  I still went to work, but hubby had to stay home with DS since his daycare was closed.
  • This is why I love southern-central Florida :) I hate cold and despise snow! I've worn shorts, tank tops, and flip flops (or boat shoes :P) all week Cool
  • imagecinema_goddess:
    imageKailaF10:
    imagecinema_goddess:

Yup.  Seattle is as dumb as a bag of hair right now.  If Seattle were a person, that is. 

Our parking lot and cars are dusted and it looks like its still kinda snowing... doubt it will make anything big though 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"