August 2011 Moms

Jolly Ranchers are my new BFF

One of you ladies suggested hard candy for my morning sickness. So-- I picked up a bag of Jolly Ranchers to take to work, and let me tell you, they worked pretty good!

Right when my nausea started up, I started sucking on them, and it really calmed it down. Thanks to whomever suggested it!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Jolly Ranchers are my new BFF

• Oh yes.  I especially like the apple ones since the sour taste really helps me.
  • imageces25c:
    Oh yes.  I especially like the apple ones since the sour taste really helps me.

Mouth is watering so much just reading this... Picking up a bag tomorrow!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I was addicted to the green apple ones when I was pregnant with my 1st. This pregnancy I've tried sour patch kids but they don't work as well.
  • imageTravelgnome:
    I was addicted to the green apple ones when I was pregnant with my 1st. This pregnancy I've tried sour patch kids but they don't work as well.

I also tried some sour patch kids, but like you said-- they don't work all that well. Tasty, though!

I have found the watermelon flavored JR's are the best for my m/s. The grape ones upset my stomach a little. 

• My mouth started watering as soon as I read the title. I need to pick some up. I tried the lemod drop candies, but they didn't work :(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagemegd06:
    My mouth started watering as soon as I read the title. I need to pick some up. I tried the lemod drop candies, but they didn't work :(

Get the big bag!  I also like to eat them while I'm driving in traffic.
    1.) It keeps my mind off the traffic

2.) It curves my nausea until I get home 

• I agree.  The watermelon ones are the best!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageeesome:

imageTravelgnome:
    I was addicted to the green apple ones when I was pregnant with my 1st. This pregnancy I've tried sour patch kids but they don't work as well.

I also tried some sour patch kids, but like you said-- they don't work all that well. Tasty, though!

I have found the watermelon flavored JR's are the best for my m/s. The grape ones upset my stomach a little. 

I can't stand watermelon-flavored anything unless it's an actual slice of watermelon.  I hate buying regular bags of some candies because of it and only a few places ever have those giant, single-flavor JR bars.  I always end up accidentally popping a watermelon in my mouth!

Does the grape always upset your stomach or just while pg?  Some grape-flavored candy and soda gives me really bad headaches if I have more than a tiny bit.  It's happened my whole life.

• Apple and watermelon Jolly Ranchers saved me during my pregnancy with DD. I had horrible morning sickness until 18 weeks with her. 
  • I am going to have to take advantage of this.  It seems instead of feeling better at almost 10 weeks, I'm feeling much more nauseated and it's quite awful. 
    Married 8/23/09 Dx: Endometriosis mc 2003, mc 2005, mc Oct. 2009 and ectopic pg Feb. 2010 Baby Girl Gracie Mae born 5 weeks early on 7/6/11. Baby boy JT born full term on 7/5/12. We are blessed!
  • I made the mistake of buying the sugar free jolly ranchers.  They helped at first but too many gave me diarrhea and a headache.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• Great idea! Soon as they ice melts so the roads are safe I'll be headed to the store to get some. Thanks for sharing!

Even miracles take a little time - Cinderella

BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageces25c:

Does the grape always upset your stomach or just while pg?  Some grape-flavored candy and soda gives me really bad headaches if I have more than a tiny bit.  It's happened my whole life.

Only while pregnant. It wasn't like that with DS, but is with this one. 

• It's funny that I see this today because my mom was just telling me yesterday that I ought to suck on hard candy to help with my nausea.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I've been alternating between Jolly Ranchers and Werther's Originals.  I like the Werther's better.  For me, it is mostly motion sickness.  So I keep them in my bag for the ride to/from work.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"