Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

does your baby wake up cooing?

or something other than crying?? While reading a previous post, a poster commented that a sufficiently slept/rested baby will wake up cooing or babbling.

Well my dd1 never has and likely never will - she is 21/2 and still wakes up grumpy and crying despite the fact that we are VERY diligent about her sleep needs.

But dd2 is a totally different baby -  sleeps better, has a happier demeanor, yet she has never once woke up any other way than crying (even when she's not hungry on wake up). She cries until womeone gets her and one picked up and talked to, she'll cheer up.

Do any babies of this age wake up cooing and babbling?

Re: does your baby wake up cooing?

• Options

As of late, Luke does wake and coo up a storm. When hes waking I hear him grunt a few tims and when I walk over he says, Oww, Gahh, Agoo.

Before this though he would wake up a mad man. He would grunt and when Id walk up he would start crying. We used to joke that he was just so serious about eating that he couldnt wait the 3 minutes to change his diaper.

Im glad hes cooing now :)

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah my DS sleeps around 10 hours at night and at 8 am he wakes up cooing and talking to himself every morning. It's really cuteSmile

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Options

I think every baby is different with varying personalities, just like adults. Perhaps your LO is not a morning baby? Or has gotten into the "habit" of crying upon waking up?

DD used to cry after a sleep, but as from 2 months or so would wake up cooing and making little grunting noises to get our attention.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    The only time DD cries when getting up is if she's had a bad night's sleep, or bad nap times throughout the day.  Then sometimes she can wake herself up crying.  But normally she wakes up cooing and talking to herself.  Even when she wakes up in the middle of the night to eat she still coos rather than cries.  But I've learned my lesson, that at that night feeding if you don't get to her in time she can go from cooing to screaming in 5 seconds flat.  I'd rather deal with a happy baby.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah, my DD has almost always woken up cooing rather than crying, even for middle of the night feedings.
  • Options
    My LO wakes up and starts cooing every morning. He's definitely a morning person- he is most fussy in the evening.
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Evangelina always wakes up talking and or cooing since shes been STTN before that it was the hungry cry every time she woke up...
    photo b6d12d4a-3c41-4686-a0af-8cf854f979e4_zpsffdadc4c.jpg Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yep, LO goes down at 6:30ish and if allowed to wake up on her own (aka weekends, I have to wake her up around 7am on weekdays), I wake up to cooing and babbling and giggling. She'll sleep over 12 hours, but she wakes up several times every night.
  • Options

No, she wimpers or cries until we get to her.  Sometimes, those cries turn to coos...

DD#1 was the most perfect baby.  She STTN at 7 weeks, was on an amzing sleep schedule and was always easy and happy and she even woke up with cries.  She is still a crankpot when she wakes. She likes her sleep.

• Options
    oh wow! I had no idea! I am really jealous. Maybe when she starts sttn she'll feel more well rested?
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    DD doesn't really cry unless it's an emergency, such as something painful. She squawks at us mostly. More like, "EHHHH!" over and over again to get our attention. When we get up to the bed to see her, or she hears our voices she starts cooing and babbling. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our first family photo!

• Options
    Even after her very worst nights, B wakes up smiling and cooing.  I'm pretty sure it's a ploy to make us keep her.
  • Options
    Addison just started waking up cooing recently, although not every day, but it is nice when she does :)

• Options
    DD wakes up cooing and talking every time! She has never woken up crying. I love hearing her talk over the baby monitor in the morning.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageRach7170:
    Yeah my DS sleeps around 10 hours at night and at 8 am he wakes up cooing and talking to himself every morning. It's really cuteSmile

This  DD also squeals to..  It's so funny.  DH and I just sit at listen to her and laugh.  I would rather be woken by this then the crying/screaming infant! 

• Options
    DD wakes me up with her babble every morning. I walk in her bedroom and she squeals when she sees me coming as she's peeking through the slats of her crib.

Lilypie - (fjc0)

• Options
    Usually she coos.  She will cry if I try to do anything besides feed her right after she wakes up. 
  • Options

I shouldn't have tortured myself with this post. My LO never wakes up cooing. It's either crying or fussing that quickly escalates into crying.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    DD used to wake up screaming every single morning. She would wake up several times during the night and I would give her her paci and she'd go back to sleep. Once I stopped doing that (she cried maybe three minutes the first few times) she's been waking up cooing and babbling. She'll lay there and "talk" for quite a while until I get up and make her bottle and then get her up.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DD wakes up grunting, but it quickly turns into crying if I don't feed her right way.  I'm jealous of those of you who have babies that wake up happy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"