Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Would you buy this used UppaBaby Vista?

Hi all,

I recently found a used Uppababy Vista for sale in my state.  I have not seen this stroller in person, but even before we got our BFP, I was in love with this stroller online.  It is the one splurge I want.  

Anyways, the used stroller is in great condition (no tears or stains) and is selling for $400.  The Uppababy Vista 2010 is usually $679 and sometimes you can find a deal (the best I have seen brought it to $550). 

I am in my first trimester still and it would be a drive to go get this stroller.  Thoughts on if we should proceed?   If we do change our mind later on, it could always be resold again right (even at a small loss)? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Would you buy this used UppaBaby Vista?

• Options
    Is it a 2010? That's a good price, there are a few on my local craigslist that are 2009 and they are more than that.
    photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Yes its a 2010.  It really looks hardly used (in pictures at least).  She said they are selling because they got a jogging stroller and haven't used the UppaBaby since. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I have the Uppa Baby and I did a LOT of research and knew it was the stroller I had to have. If you budget only allows for a used one, I would definitely snatch this one up! $400 is an okay price, you could even try to bargain with them and get it down a little if it looks used.

If it is in great condition- then I would pay the $400 :)

• Options
    I found an on-line deal (posted by somebody on this board) - it was one of the strollers I was considering so we jumped and bought it without seeing it in person - no regrets - love it in person and I never thought H could get so excited over a stroller. Can't wait till LO is here to use it. If it's the 2010 in very condition that is a good price - you probably won't find lower since it's probably a year or less old.

• Options
    As long as you won't be coveting the 2011, go for it.  It's better for the world to by used. 
    image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
  • Options
    I just bought one too. It's a little early for us but I fell in love with the orange and the lady said it would be discontinued once stock was gone for 2011. They also have a new one coming out this summer called the Cruz ... it will be very similar to the VISTA but no bassinet.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC 1 yr, BFP m/c 6weeks IUI #1-8 BFN IVF #1-2 - BFN Laproscopic - clear IVF #3 - BFP!!!!! 12/23 Beta #1-122, 12/29 Beta #2 - 1230, 1/4 Beta #3 8000+
  • Options
    I got a slightly used Inglesina sight unseen and it was a disaster. I ended up getting rid of it. Definitely ask for detailed pics and see it in person first (my big mistake). I don't think that price is *that* great for a used stroller, try to get them to bargain a bit.
  • Options

Thanks for the advice ladies! 

I think I am going to go for it if I can find time to meet up with her.  $400 is in our budget but $600 is getting a bit pricey.  

She sent me detailed pictures of the actual stroller and it looks like its in great condition.  I also think Uppababy replaces most items so if something is broken I can just replace that piece.  

• Options
    We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE our UP Vista, I can't say enough good things about it.  If you have a Bed Bath & Beyond in your area, you can use their 20% off coupons and have them order you one in-store  - you still have to pay for shipping.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"