Ohio Babies

OB recs, delivery advice needed

Shan&JohnShan&John member
edited July 2021 in Ohio Babies

I'm in the Westerville area currently going to Professionals for Women's Health, am just over 12 weeks with our first baby.  I've gone to the same doctor for my regular annual exams and get along great with her, but so far I've seen a different doctor or midwife for every appointment I've had.  There are around 8 doctors and 6 nurse midwives in the practice, with most vaginal deliveries being done by the midwives depending on who just happens to be on call.  I've always anticipated knowing my doctor/nurse that would delivery my baby and having a closer relationship/comfort level with them, but am I being over anxious about it?  The nurse I talked to said that most women think this but then don't really even notice when it comes to the actual delivery, but of course it's in their best interest to say that for their practice.

Is this fairly common for most ob/gyn practices, in the Columbus area or otherwise?  What was your comfort level with your doctor?  I'm not sure how big of an issue I should make of this, and if so, if I can even switch doctors at this point with insurance, etc.  I'd appreciate any advise, TIA!

Re: OB recs, delivery advice needed

• Unfortunatey it's pretty common.  At Columbus Women's care where I go there are three doctors and you rotate because you never know who  will be on call when you go into labor.
  • I go to Doctor's OBGYN affiliated with Ohio Health and I see the same doctor each time. There are 3 other doctor's in the practice whom I've been told about just in case, but not seen for care just my doctor.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm 34 weeks and have only been seen by a different doctor once and that was when mine was on vacation.  I go to Dr Julie Jones with Columbus Obstetricians-Gynecologists.  They told me that they prefer I stick with my doctor unless she's unavailable, but there are 8 in her practice in case she would be unavailable.  She also only delivers at Dublin Methodist, so I don't have to worry about her being at a different hospital when I deliver.  I'm really comfortable with her.
  • Thanks for the feedback ladies!
  • I go to Premier Women's Health in Westervile....their office is in St. Anne's.  I've been going there for 8 years and love all the Dr's there.  I see MY Dr every visit because I schedule my appts on the days that she's in that office.  I've seen other Dr's randomly there for other issues, but like I said, they're all amazing.  My Dr actually delivered my first daughter because it was a scheduled induction.  But one of the Dr's from that office will delivery.  I don't think they have any midwives in that office.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Congratulations everyone on your pregnancies. My husband and I are chiropractors opening our practice in Westerville who has had a lot of extra training hours and research in pregnancy and pediatrics. Research shows that chiropractic care throughout pregnancy reduces labor up to 60%. The healthies the mother, the healthier the birth, the healthier the baby. If  you would like any contact info we are Kent Family Chiropractic. email: kentfamilychiropractic@gmail.com  614-359-5800
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"