Working Moms
Options

Bronchialitis

Ethan has been sick most of his first month and a half of daycare.  Now he has Bronchialitis.  What are your experiences with this?  Did you keep baby home? 

Re: Bronchialitis

• Options
    I am sorry he is so sick. I would check with his pedi. If he is on antibiotics then after a few days I would think it would be okay to return to daycare. Also see what the daycare policy is. The best thing I would go by is Ethan if he is acting okay then send him but if he is not his usual self then I would keep him home. GL and I hope he feels well soon.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Billy had pneumonia and a severe respiratory infection both times I kep t him home until his chest had cleared up enough so he wasn't getting nebuilizer treatments every 3 hours and once his fever was gone and he was pretty much back to himself.  Both times it took about a week for him to recover. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We've had this twice, once in March and once in Sept ( 2 weeks ago). Bronchialitis is a viral infection so you really can't take antibiotics. It is highly contagious (especially the snot). Kevin had to stay home for a week because of it. Pedi sent us to get chest x-ray to rule out penumonia. I've had it every time he's got it, but mine's just a viral infection (running nose (lots), sneezing and coughing).  The best thing you can do is keep him hydrated, humidifier at night and wipe his nose. Sorry you're going through this, it really sucks.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We are on the tale end of the latest upper respiratory virus with "asthmatic response."  I kept the boys home until their fevers went away which took about three or four days.  Luckily, our day care provider is able to give RX medications so she can give them their nebulizer treatments twice a day. 

My twins are 5! My baby is 3!

DS#2 - Allergic to Cashew, Pistachio, Kiwi

DS#3 - Allergic to Milk, Egg, Peanut, Tree Nuts and Sesame

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"