Working Moms

XP - P/T CD-ing

I would like to CD on a part-time basis (DS is in daycare full-time and daycare will not do CDs). In theory, I would like to CD at night and on the weekends. DH does not want to CD, he thinks it is too messy and too much work. I really want to give CD a try, but between a F/T job and a reluctant DH, I do not know if it is feasible. If DH does not get on board, then it does not seem worth it to CD on an extremely limited P/T basis.

Does anyone CD on a part-time basis? If you do:

1) When do you use CDs (e.g., every night, on weekends)?
2) What is your CD laundry schedule?
3) How many CDs do you have?
4) What kind of CDs do you prefer?

TIA!

Re: XP - P/T CD-ing

• What is CD-ing?
  • Sorry for not explaining.  CD-ing means cloth diapering.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm struggling with a reluctant DH as well. He finally gave me the go-ahead to try cloth. I just ordered the Jillian's Drawers trial program last night! (If you haven't heard of it, see https://www.jilliansdrawers.com.)

During the three-week trial, I just plan to CD nights/weekends. I *think* our sitter will be open to cloth, as long as I stick with something easy like Fuzzi Bunz or BumGenious, but I haven't asked her yet... and I definitely don't want to ask her until *I'm* certain I can do it.

DH has said he will not change a cloth diaper. But that's fine, I change probably 90% of DD's nights/weekends diapers anyway. And I don't think he realizes that there are options other than prefolds, so I'm hoping he comes around when he sees how easy some of the pocket and AIO dipes are.

Sorry, I'm not much help, since I'm in much the same place as you. But I can report back in a few weeks when I have a chance to do the trial program!

Mommy to DD1 (June 2007), DS (January 2010), DD2 (July 2012), and The Next One (EDD 3/31/2015)

• We CD on a PT basis - DD is in daycare M-W, so we use disposables there. 
    1.She's in CDs at night and Thurs - Sun.
    2.  I do laundry every other day.  I try to do it on Sunday night, too, that way they aren't left sitting when I'm only adding 1 per day.
    3.  We have 28
    4.  We use BG 3.0 almost exclusively.  I bought a few other pocket one size to try, and they leak, so we save those for laundry day if necessary.

I got DH on board by doing the trial at Jillian's Drawers.  I highly recommend it.  The BG 3.0s are no different than changing a disposable - they velcro right on.  We pull them apart before they go in the pail (trash can w/ lid lined with a pillow case), and put them together after they come out of the dryer so that they're ready to go.

Easy peasy!
  • 1) When do you use CDs (e.g., every night, on weekends)? Whenever she's not at daycare. We did full time CD-ing until she was 12 weeks. 2) What is your CD laundry schedule? We're down to about every 4 or 5 days now, whether we run out of clean diapers or not just because of the smell. 3) How many CDs do you have? about 40 diapers and 6 covers. 4) What kind of CDs do you prefer? we only use PF with Thirsties covers. Some people prefer the AIOs but we're cheap and they work great for us. Our DD is 4.5 months old and we've spent less than $200 diapering her thus far and have no plans to spend more unless she grows out of her current stash. We use cloth wipes also. It's not any messier than disposable diapers IMO. The only difference is you wash instead of throw away. Poop is poop - no matter what. And if you bf you can throw the poopy diapers directly into the washing machine without rinsing because bf poop is water soluble. I've never had to actually touch a poopy diaper! There's lots of info on the internet about CD-ing. The eco-friendly board is also a great source of info.
  • Thanks to all for your great responses.  There's hope for me yet. 

Flyer23, I'd love to hear how the 21 day trial goes.  GL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"