Working Moms
Options

Anyone else work nights?

How do you do it?! I know it will work great for me at some point, but I am terrified of leaving dh with the baby right now. He is a great dad but he isn't super comfortable with caring for the baby yet (i.e knowing what he needs, how to deal with incessant crying spells, etc). I am sure he will be fine but does anyone else leave dc with dh all night? how do they do? I am hoping to flex down at my job and only work one 12 hour and one 8 hour shift a week. I know this will help things a lot. But I am still really nervous about leaving him. Also if you BF, how often and when do you pump? tia!

Re: Anyone else work nights?

• Options
    I've left my DD with my husband for business trips, etc. He also stays at home with her 2 days a week, and was a SAHD for the first year.  He WILL be fine. Just let him learn his own ways, they may not be the same as yours but I promise he'll do just fine, and so will your DS  =)

If you work nights you may not have to pump as much, since eventually they won't eat as much overnight.  How soon do you go back to work?
    My two PCOS miracles! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    btw....is this c'ville as in wahoo c'ville?  I am from there too  =)
    My two PCOS miracles! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you! That is exactly what I need to hear. I just worry because Dh is a sound sleeper and not very good at getting up at night to do anything. Example: there was a mouse running through our living room and he refused to get up and help me catch it because he was sleeping. But I know after a few nights he will have the getting up to feed ds down. I just need reassurance! I go back October 27th.
  • Options
    Sure is! I have been here for 3 years. Love it :)
  • Options
    Plenty of time to figure it out then  =)  I would just kind of wait and see what feeding pattern you are in, but by 8-9 weeks my DD was sleeping from 8 pm to 3am, would eat, then go back to sleep from 3 am until about 6 am. So you may not need to pump as often as someone working days and still maintain the same supply.  Especially once he is sleeping all night.
  • Options
    And yay for c'ville-ians  =)  Hopefully you'll get your flex schedule worked out, that sounds like a great schedule to have.
  • Options

I work rotating shifts, so I work nights about 1/3 of the time. Honestly, the worst part isn't worrying about DH, but trying to get some sleep. Since I stay up all day with DS, I only get to sleep once DH is home in the evening. Honestly, your DH will just have to learn, just like you did in the beginning. I'm thrilled that DH gets to spend so much alone time with DS--we both cherish our special alone time with DS, and we're both comfortable with him. Just wish DH and I got to spend a little more alone time together ;)

My shifts are only eight hours, and I live about 10 minutes from work, so I pump right before I leave home, then twice during the shift. And then I nurse right when I get home in the morning. Nothing like pumping at 3am to keep you awake...ha.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"