Stay at Home Moms
Options

Need SAHM advice

Good evening! I currently work full time and travel a lot with my job. I am also going back to school, one class at a time. I am due in April and am taking 12 weeks maternity. I already know that I do NOT want to return to my current employer, and want to be able to finish school quicker. Has anyone taken this leap from full time employed to part time employee and stay at home Mom? I fully believe that staying at home is full time job, so please don't think I am saying that it is NOT a job!
I'm looking for any advice you may provide regarding part time work, financial advice, etc.
Thanks so much!

Re: Need SAHM advice

• Options

I think that still sounds like alot pt work and school and a kid. What will you do for child care when you work and go to school? Financialy it may not be worth it to work part time if you have to pay for child care.

• Options
    Hi and welcome to this board!!!   :)

Forgive my stupidity, it must be too early in the morning on this Saturday but I'm a bit confused on what exactly you are asking:

* Are you asking if working part-time from home and being a SAHM is doable?

If so, I know TONS of people who do this AND I know two people who have SAH and gone back to school FULL TIME (online courses) and all have made it work in their own ways.  I'd be happy to come back to this post if you can clear it up for me.  :)

eclaire 9.10.06  diggy 6.2.11

• Loading the player...
  • Options

hi and congrats.

before making any decisions, you should discreetly inquire as to your company's policies re maternity leave.  many companies require the employee to reimburse them if she doesn't return to work for a certain period of time after the leave. 

good luck :)

• Options

I work part time from home at the same job I  used to work fulltime in the office. I think it's pretty much a given that you'll make more money if you can find a job related to your current profession. If you don't think you can do this with your current employer, it might be worth looking at a job change now though you'd probably lose your maternity leave benefits.

Financially - start living off your DH's salary now. From your salary only pay work expenses that you won't have when you stay home. Make sure there's enough to cover the increase in health insurance costs too.

- Jena
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"