Stay at Home Moms

do you have 2????

Hello All!
I am a SAHM since August and my DS is 19 months old and my DD is 4 weeks today.  It has been a struggle to get things done every other day. I was wanting to say hello to the board and also ask for those with 2 do you feel like you don't get to get enough time with your first b/c of the demands of the new one?  When she naps I try to play but lately she has had diahrea problems we can't figure out(I am breastfeeding and she has seen the doc)  So she is really really demanding sometimes and I feel bad for my son.  Anyways I was wondering if anyone else felt like this and does it get better?????
BTW my DS totally adjusts well to her, he just hates when she cries :)
Thanks!
Melissa

Re: do you have 2????

• Hang in there. It gets better. The first 6 months are really hard, as you are trying to establish routines. My first 2 are 18 months apart (just like yours), and I'm living proof that you can do it. I'm expecting #3 in December! GL! Just remember to relax and be patient.
    image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • I agree, the first 6 months are the toughest, but it can be done! My kids are 20 months apart. I remember nursing my newborn whilst pouring juice into a sippycup for my screaming toddler...fun times. I tried to combine as much as I could. Nurse on the couch time could also be read books to my toddler time. And once my baby got into a nap routine, I could spend time with my son while she took her morning nap. Then I would keep her up a little longer than she wanted to so that she and my toddler could take an afternoon nap at the same time. That really helped, as I had a little time to myself to CLEAN or do laundry or take a much-needed nap myself.

It does get better! My kids love to play together now. And I nanny for 9 and 10 year old who say they love being so close in age.

Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • The BEST advice, and the only advice that works: Take care of your OLDER child(ren) first. They will remember. Your baby will not remember crying.........
    image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"