January 2011 Moms

Another contrax question

On Friday evening I went to L&D because I'd been having what felt like a long contraction for almost 24 hours. Turns out, I was having contractions that were close together but not very strong but I was not dilated or effaced so they could still just be BH - though by the time we left they were getting stronger. So, I'm basically just waiting for these contractions to start doing something.

My question: As the contractions get stronger, I feel like I have kind of like a burning (almost like lightning crotch) on my cervix. Also, my cervix is starting to feel a bit tender. Is this in my head and am I overanalyzing or has anyone else felt this?

Thanks! And congrats on all the outside babies! I haven't had a chance to go through the posts yet.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13

Re: Another contrax question

• yes, I have this, feels like someone is taking a mellon baller to my cervix. Anyway, I read it's the baby moving into position and cervix opening and effacing.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagehoney740:
    yes, I have this, feels like someone is taking a mellon baller to my cervix. Anyway, I read it's the baby moving into position and cervix opening and effacing.

I was hoping someone would say this - I really want it to be dilation and effacement!! Thanks! Hope you're feeling good and that you progress quickly!

DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13
  • Loading the player...
  • imageRedZee:

imagehoney740:
    yes, I have this, feels like someone is taking a mellon baller to my cervix. Anyway, I read it's the baby moving into position and cervix opening and effacing.

I was hoping someone would say this - I really want it to be dilation and effacement!! Thanks! Hope you're feeling good and that you progress quickly!

It was for me!  The contractions had that melon baller feeling (ouch!) and for me they progressed in frequency and pain.  First 12 hours were mild and bearable.  Followed by 4 hours of increasing (hmmm is this it??).  Then 3 hours of OMFG WTF by which point I was in L&D.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"