Pregnant after IF

Strollers - Snap n Go and Baby Jogger City Mini

So after looking at every type of stroller I think that is on the market we are just going to do the snap n go for the first 6 mos and then transition to the Baby Jogger City Mini.  One of the big considerations for us is weight of the strollers because my rheumatoid arthritis is very active in my shoulder and hand joints. 

Anyone have any negatives we should know about before going this route?  Likes and dislikes of either stoller?

I love how easy the City Mini navigates, I could turn it in a circle with one hand and fold it up with one hand.  We were very impressed with this stroller and it rated well in Baby Bargains.

The snap n go will just be easy because it is so light weight and folds up easily.  Obviously our priorities are more my ease of use than the extras that a lot of the top of the line strollers have.

TTC since 8/2004
Me - DX Hashimoto's Disease, Hypothyroid, Rheumatoid Arthritis
DH - DX Azoospermia - Sertoli Cell Syndrome
DS-IUI #1-4 BFN IVF #1 - BFP! It's a boy!!!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Strollers - Snap n Go and Baby Jogger City Mini

• Baby Jogger does have an infant car seat adapter for the City Mini. You can't get it at BRU, but you can order it from the Baby Jogger website. We also decided to register for the Baby Jogger City Mini. My DH and I really liked it. 
    IVF, acupuncture, meditation and a miracle. 

Our sweet Valentine's Day FET.

• I love my snap and go!  It is easy and the storage bin is huge and it is so light weight.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I did something very similar - we got the snap and go to use now and then we got the BOB Revolution for Spring when he's big enough and we are out and about more.  For us, we needed the "all terrain" for our area and use. 

Considering he'll be born in January we knew we wouldn't use a stroller much but still wanted something (mall or something like that). 

• That's the exact route we went and I wish I had gotten the infant seat adapter instead. I do like the size of the basket on the SNG, but it was always super hard to fold (at least compared to the BJCM). It also doesn't turn as easily. I switched to using the BJCM as early as I could. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker TickerPregnancy Ticker
  • I am planning on getting the same stroller!  (The double of course.)  I love how light it is and easy it easy to fold up if I am trying to deal with the twins on my own.

My MIL was with me when I tried it out and volunteered to buy it.  I told her lets wait until I am a little farther along but I can't wait to get it!

TTC since 07/2009
    Me: PCOS, Blood/Immune Issues DH: Low all 3
    Jun.- Sep. 2010 IUI#1-#3 = BFN
    Oct. 2010 = IVF #1 = B/G Twins (passed away Feb. 2011)
    May 2011 = Myomectomy and trans-abdominal cerclage (TAC)
    Sep. 2011 = Surprise BFP = C/P
    Feb. 2012 = sFET #1 = BFN
    Feb.2012 = Hail Mary IUI #4 = BFN
    April/May 2012 = FET #2 w/our last two embies = BFP (Please let this be it!)
    Beta #1 8dp5/6dt = 234 Beta #2 10dp5/6dt = 695 Beta #3 12dp5/6dt = 1796 Beta #4 17dp5/6dt = 17,888 U/S #1 May 17, 2012 = Twins
    Baby B's heart stop beating at 9 weeks 5 days
    Our little miracle baby is a boy. :)

Baby Boy Owen and Baby Girl Avery were born too early on Feb. 13, 2011 due to a pedunculated fibroid, incompetent cervix and suspected placental abruption.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

"What the heart has once owned and had, it shall never lose." - Henry Ward Beecher
    SAIF/PAIF Welcome
    Lots of love and luck to my PAIF/3T/IF Veteran ladies, especially my dear friend Zookie. Congrats to Papps, Teach84 and Starbuck on their little ones.
  • Thanks for the info about the carseat adaptor for the city mini.  I guess we really don't need a snap n go then and can just get the city mini that's even better.
    TTC since 8/2004
  • City Mini with the adaptor is #1 on my list as well! I don't think you can go wrong with that. Also love the City Elite and UppaBaby Vista. Still trying to decide.
    Our 1st IVF miracle, Briggs Sterling, born via c-section due to IUGR and footling breech. 6.5.11. 5:51am. 5lbs 1.5oz.

The Sunny Side of Life Blog Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageperiwnkl10:
    City Mini with the adaptor is #1 on my list as well! I don't think you can go wrong with that. Also love the City Elite and UppaBaby Vista. Still trying to decide.

I like the City Elite and UppaBaby Vista too, but I just can't spend that kind of money on a stroller, with the adaptor and accessories for the City Mini I already feel like I am pushing it.  Now if we were runners I would probably be okay spending the money on the City Elite.  I just can't wrap my mind around the Uppa, even though I like it.

TTC since 8/2004
  • Light and easy to fold were my biggest requirements and I loved out Maclaren. If folded up so small and was great. We ended up getting the double version for the twins.
  • One more thought - if you are planning to have another within the next 4 years or so, you may want to reconsider the City Elite. We're now looking at having to buy a whole new stroller for number two, but if we had paid the extra $180 up front, we'd only have to buy the jump seat for the Elite. I have not seen the Elite w/jump seat in person, but it definitely would have been nice to have that option, and we probably would have gone that route.
  • imageShannonSky:
    One more thought - if you are planning to have another within the next 4 years or so, you may want to reconsider the City Elite. We're now looking at having to buy a whole new stroller for number two, but if we had paid the extra $180 up front, we'd only have to buy the jump seat for the Elite. I have not seen the Elite w/jump seat in person, but it definitely would have been nice to have that option, and we probably would have gone that route.

As far as I know there is no jump seat for the Elite.  There is a glider board but that is something your older child would have to stand on.

Personally I have no advice...we are still trying to decide which way to go ourselves.  I keep leaning towards the Elite but the Mini is a possibility too.  The practical person in me wants to get the most bang for my buck and the Elite seems to cover more bases.  The Mini would be great for everyday use but if we ever needed/wanted to jog with it it would not work.  The choices are so many and my mind literally spins trying to figure out what I should do.

• imageDrVWife:

imageShannonSky:
    One more thought - if you are planning to have another within the next 4 years or so, you may want to reconsider the City Elite. We're now looking at having to buy a whole new stroller for number two, but if we had paid the extra $180 up front, we'd only have to buy the jump seat for the Elite. I have not seen the Elite w/jump seat in person, but it definitely would have been nice to have that option, and we probably would have gone that route.

As far as I know there is no jump seat for the Elite.  There is a glider board but that is something your older child would have to stand on.

Personally I have no advice...we are still trying to decide which way to go ourselves.  I keep leaning towards the Elite but the Mini is a possibility too.  The practical person in me wants to get the most bang for my buck and the Elite seems to cover more bases.  The Mini would be great for everyday use but if we ever needed/wanted to jog with it it would not work.  The choices are so many and my mind literally spins trying to figure out what I should do.

Huh! They must have gotten rid of it. I wonder why. 

ETA: Just looked into it - they had a jump seat for the discontinued City Classic line. Not the Elite! 

• we went with the BJCM and actually got a car seat adapter to use right away.  so happy with it!  with also have a maclaren umbrella stroller for when he's older for quick trips.

Diagnosed PCOS & MFI-Success with IUI

• Btw, you could also get a SNG off of craigslist (well, depending on where you live) and probably use it for a few months and sell it for what you paid.

I got a DSNG at Target (just saw it on clearance on day and snagged it b/c of the price.) I paid $50 but I know I'll get that back on craigslist.  I was going to wait until the babies were here to make a decision about what stroller to get from there, but then my FIL bought me the double maclaren out of the blue.  I like strollers with separate handles so they can fold in and not just over (which I didn't know I'd care about until I messed with the other for a while.)

• This is what I got.  We bought the double snap and go for the first six months, or until they outgrow it and the double Baby Jogger City Mini...I've heard great things about both.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"