Nurseries and Baby Gear

Would you put this bedding on dark wood furniture?

Re: Would you put this bedding on dark wood furniture?

• Yes, I would. I think the contrast would look nice, but I'm just not a fan of white furniture in general.

Is the bedding at a store near you that has dark wood furniture? You could put the bedding next to it and see if you like it. Otherwise, maybe you can photoshop it somehow to get an idea of what it might look like. Don't ask me how, I'm clueless about that stuff. ;-) If it were me, and I couldn't do the store thing, I'd print out the photo of the bedding as large as possible, then put it next to some dark wood in my house and decide.

• I could see it on birch, honey, oak and ash tones, but I dn't think it would look right on very dark wood, ie cherry, mahogany, espresso finish, etc. Darker wood seems more formal and from a different era than the modern bubble look.

Straight black might look good if you painted the walls the same bright pink in the fabric to pop against the stark structure of the crib.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Good point there Mitzie, I have painted the walls green, very close to the green in the bedding.
    Sign up to get great deals!! http://www.nomorerack.com/?cr=2654096 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This bedding would look fabulous on a dark wood - even as dark as black!  The colors in the bedding would really pop. I think it would actually look better on darker wood versus the white wood.

You should visit your local baby furniture store, Babies R Us or Buy Buy Baby whatever is near you.  And take a look at the bedding they have on display with the furniture.  From that you can see how a bedding like the link in your post would really pop against the darker woods.

Also, if you just kinda look at baby furniture sights online you can get a feel for how colors and woods go together.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"