School-Aged Children

I am I overreacting? WDYT?

Last week during a play date at our house my daughter broke her arm.  I called the mother of the girl she was playing with (a neighbor who is also a friend of mine that I have known for over 10 years) to come get her daughter because I was pretty sure my DD's arm was broken and we needed to go the ER.  She picked her up right away, but never called or showed any concern for my daughter.  I didn't hear from her for about a week and half.  She called last night, but didn't make any mention of my DD or anything, but asked if I could watch her daughter for a few hours.  We had plans so I told her no and I was kind of glad I had an excuse.  I am upset with her and kind of feel like I wouldn't want my daughter playing at her house when she showed absolutely no concern for her.  I am PMSing right now, so I don't know if that's clouding my judgment.

Re: I am I overreacting? WDYT?

• Wow, sounds like she's not much of a friend.

• It does seem rude that she didn't ask.  Did you mention it again?  I only ask because sometimes I'm a bit of a space cadet and will be thinking of someone/something but then when I talk them I completely forget about it. 

• Loading the player...
  • Perhaps she 1) assumed that if your daughter had actually broken her arm, you would've called and let her know.

OR 

2) if your daughters go to school together, perhaps she has asked her daughter about it and has sent her concerned words directly to your daughter.

I just think that if I was friends with someone for 10 years, if she didn't show concern, she either forgot, or had done it some way other than calling you.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagePinkPiano:

It does seem rude that she didn't ask.  Did you mention it again?  I only ask because sometimes I'm a bit of a space cadet and will be thinking of someone/something but then when I talk them I completely forget about it. 

Sometimes I am like this too.  It's not on purpose but my head just swarms sometimes... 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Although it seems rude and insensitive maybe she just forgot. I would hope that I wouldn't forget about a friend's daughter's injury but, it could happen and I would hate to potentially lose a friend over it.

I would call her and be direct. Let us know what happens. Smile

Robby's Blog

Momma Bear
    Big - 1 year old
    Bigger - 6 years old
    Biggest - 13 years old

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't think you are overreacting. The fact that you called and asked her to pick up her daughter because you were planning to take your daughter to the ER with a potentially broken arm should have gotten a more concerning response from her. 

My response would have been "OMG, I hope she is alright. Please let me know what happens". If I didn't hear anything the following day, I would have called, at the very least to make sure the child was OK. When has our society become so selfish and self absorbed that we can't see beyond our own issues. By the way, I hope your daughter IS OK.  

Three beautiful girls! DD#1 8-23-01 DD#2 4-25-07 DD#3 10-19-10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"