North Dakota Babies

Treating menstral cramps when TTC

I've been on BC since I was 16. When not on BC, I suffer from horrible menstral cramps. How are/did you treat cramps while TTC?

Re: Treating menstral cramps when TTC

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I was on BC since I was 16 as well & had awful cramps as well. Even when on the BC I would always get cramps the first day of Aunt Flo's arrival. Since being off (almost 3 months now) my cramps have been ok-not too bad. I've actually noticed since being off I haven't gotten any headaches either!
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm not TTC but not on BC, and I get horrible cramps some months.  My best bets are advil, heating pad, and caffeine.  And make sure you eat enough, if I don't my cramps make my stomach upset too.
  • I'm not TTC, but even on BC I get terrible cramps the first day of AF. I always just try to keep ibprofen in my system. I take 4 of them every six hours, but 2 every 4 hours works too. It's just important to keep it in your system instead of waiting until it hurts to take more. GL!

Started TTC Nov. 2011 

1st clomid cycle June 2012- No response :: HSG August 2012- Left tube blocked, right tube clear :: 2nd clomid cycle Aug. 2012 BFN :: 3rd clomid cycle Sept. 2012 :: BFP Sept 30th :: DS born 6/15/13 :: BFP #2 7/29/14 M/C 8/5/14 :: BFP#3 10/20/14 DD born 7/1/2015 :: Applied to be surrogate April '17 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for IFs Dec. '17 :: Surro Babe born 9/11/18 :: Started 2nd Journey May '19 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for new IFs 9/24/19 :: HB 138 at 6w6d

• imagealisonpilgrim610:
    I was on BC since I was 16 as well & had awful cramps as well. Even when on the BC I would always get cramps the first day of Aunt Flo's arrival. Since being off (almost 3 months now) my cramps have been ok-not too bad. I've actually noticed since being off I haven't gotten any headaches either!

This! I was getting horrible migraines on BC ALL.THE.TIME. I've been off for 4 months now, and only had 1. 

Meghan and Jonny- Puerto Vallarta, Mexico - May 1, 2010
  • I really only had cramps on day 1, and I took Tylenol and used a heating pad or the sticky heat pads. 
  • We're not TTC yet, but since I'm not on BC and have endometriosis I know how awful those cramps can be. The safest thing of course is tylenol and a heating pad. Oh how I love Thermacare heat wraps.

I have found for me personally the most effective thing is black cohosh and/or vicodin, but of course neither of those are probably a good idea when TTC. Sorry, I wish I could be of more help.

~Sarah & Jason~June 12th, 2009~Siesta Key, FL~
    Planning Bio Married Bio *Work In Progress*
    Formerly Knottie Soon2beMrs.G_09
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"