Nurseries and Baby Gear

bedding sets

I've read that you shouldn't use bumpers or big blankets, so should I even bother with a bedding set?  They are so expensive, but if it isn't safe then I won't use it.

Re: bedding sets

• I'm not registering for a set since #1 I did hear from a number of sources that the bumpers are unnecessary and can be dangerous once the child has the strength to climb (basically they say that the child can use the bumber as a "step" to get out of the crib) and #2 crib dust ruffles will be unnecessary for me since I have drawers under my crib.  In any case, I'm just registering for sheets, window treatments and other pieces that go together. (I'm not much for "themes"- so it will be a combination of plaids, pokadots, strips, etc. in my color scheme).  Hope this helps--
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I found it really hard to find separate pieces I really liked so I decided to just buy individual pieces...but then I fell in love with the Fisher Price Rainforest nursery bedding.  I am going to go ahead and get it and just use the bumper for something else...maybe a hanging wall decoration.  You definitely don't have to buy the bedding...you can buy sheets and use whatever quilts/blankets go with your decor.  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"