Trouble TTC

Cheap Pashminas instead of Hooter Hiders?

I have a bunch of (okay like 20) fake pashmina scarves in all sorts of colours (only two real pashminas... sigh) and was wondering if they'd work as covers while breast feeding.  I figured with a little brooch pinned at the shoulder they just might work and have the added advantage of being free as I already have them, but also give me a lot more options style wise.  Given that I'll be having a fall baby, scarves will be in the right season and I can co-ordinate with my clothes.  Most of the breast-feeding covers I've seen are not so stylish.

Anyone try this?  Think it'll work?  Am I missing any obvious downfalls?  Thanks!
imageimage

{ Jack 4.8.09 & Rose 10.24.07 }

Re: Cheap Pashminas instead of Hooter Hiders?

• You can always try it!  I don't see why it wouldn't work.
  • The scarves are pretty thin actually- in part I guess because they're fake and cheap.  I've usually bought them to co-ordinate with a dress I was planning to wear for a summer wedding/graduation/special night out.  So I've worn many of them in the summer- they're actually not warm enough IMO for winter (though I live in Canada and should point out it does get pretty cold up here). 

Great point about seeing if the baby will tolerate it.  I'd definitely try out a few times at home before planning to do it in public.
    imageimage

{ Jack 4.8.09 & Rose 10.24.07 }

• Loading the player...
  • If you use a broach, it would probably be fine... for me, the nice part about the Bebe Au Lait was the loop where I could see DD and help latch her on.  Its a lot harder to do that with just a regular piece of fabric. 

Try it and see how it goes!  I will say that the Bebe Au Lait was one of my best purchases when I was nursing.  By far.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"