Trouble TTC

When did you start wearing maternity clothes?

I am only 8 weeks along and I have started to notice that my tighter, more fitten jeans and pants no longer are comfortable on my belly.  Is it too soon to start to wear some maternity clothes, especially pants?

Re: When did you start wearing maternity clothes?

• I started wearing maternity pants at 10 1/2 weeks. A lot of people try leaving their pants unbuttoned and putting a rubber pant through the button and wearing a band or buying pants a sz larger b/c of the bloat too.
  • I'm 8w6d and I wore maternity pants to work twice this week.  I'm tired of being uncomfortable!  I wear them aroudn the house all the time. :)  They're still big, but I got some longer, non-maternity tops to go over them and they look fine.

I felt dumb, because my co-worker is due March 1, and she didn't start wearing maternity pants until October.  But she also went through morning sickness in the summer and didn't have to come to work (we're teachers) so I'm sure she wore whatever was comfortable then, too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the great posts, I feel much better about the fact that I have maternity pants on right now. 
  • I'm 8 weeks and bought my first pair this week!!! Why be uncomfortable? Heads up ladies... GAP had a great sale today!!!
  • I made it to 13 weeks. Up untill about 12 weeks I still had plenty of room in my regular jeans and could even pull them off without unzipping them. However when week 13 rolled around I started getting a little bigger and decided I was tired of feeling squished in most of my pants....
  • with #1 maybe at 30 weeks (I didn't tell anyone until very far along)

with #2 very early- probably by 12 weeks

right now I'm at 18 weeks with #3 and not in maternity yet, but probably will be soon
  • i bought some comfy maternity pants at 8 weeks for when i was at home.  i dont like anything too tight so i bought things that made me feel better.
  • Old Navy has clearence on lots of maternity pants right now.  I am not into maternity clothes just yet, though things are starting to get a little tighter.  Luckily my favorite jeans are superlow so I may not have to worry about those ones for a while.
  • I think I started wearing maternity pants around 10 weeks...even at 8-9 weeks, I was pretty bloated (so I did unzipped and bella bands).

The only reason it would be too soon if you can't "hold up" maternity pants yet.  My recommendation would be to try the "real waist" from Gap/Old Navy.  That was great for in between!

• i started using a bella band at 10-12 weeks depending on the pant.

i am almost 16 now and still not in panel pants.  i tried to wear my jeans this weekend but they were too big.
  • I am 8 weeks and just bought 2 pairs of maternity jeans today (I don't care if it's too early, I am not going to be in pain!) This is our second child too and I am definitely expanding quicker than I did with the first one, I want to say I was around 18 weeks with the first one before maternity clothes became necessary.)

It's so funny because I was feeling really self conscious today about it (especially when the skinny chick working at the maternity store asked my due date!), but the truth is there is enough things about pregnancy that are uncomfortable that I refuse to let this be one!

Monday morning, mama's wearing maternity pants to work! It's quite liberating! Go with what's comfortable!
    Mel
  • I'm 14 weeks now and still haven't boughgt any maternity clothes.  I bought a bella band a few weeks ago and it is the best $25 I've ever spent.  It is so comfortable and it will make my clothes last a lot longer.  I live in Texas so the weather is starting to warm up so by the time I need to buy some maternity clothes I can just start wearing all the little knit dresses I already have. So maybe I wont have to ever buy any!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"