Trouble TTC

Maternity Clothes..HELP!

I'm 12 weeks and my regular clothes are just starting to become a little snug. Some things fit, others don't and I'm afraid I'm soon going to wake up and nothing will fit. I have no idea how to shop for maternity clothes. Is it true you just buy your regular size (only in maternity style) and there's room for growth? I read on a website if you are normally a size 6 pants, you should buy size 6 maternity pants. Then, if you gain the expected 25-35 lbs., there's room for growth in those pants. Is this true? I have no idea about this and would appreciate ANY help anyone could give.

Re: Maternity Clothes..HELP!

• At the begining yes I'd say its true.  HOwever with that said, I was a four pre pregnancy, and bought a 6, one size up. Those only lasted until about 20-25 weeks.  I have Size 12's that are too tight around the waist.  My advise is just buy a few things at a time.  I find that i'm constantly outgrowing and needing to replace pieces of clothing.  I have a friend that went CRAZY buying at the beggining and now has nothing that fits and doesn't want to buy anything anymore.  I hit Old Navy when they had sales.   Don't buy unless it's on sale.  I'm at the point now where I could use more shirts but I'm not spending hte money, i have 8 weeks left god willing! Good luck!  ooh and P.S. White will always make you look bigger than you are. 
  • For pants, I just bought a few at a time that was comfortable.  I bought my last pair of pants with 10 weeks left because I wanted a nice looking pair.  For shirts, I bought ones that fit my breat and had room for a growning belly.  It was fitting my breast and being long enough that was the tough part.  I was up to a 36 dd by 12 weeks and 38 e by 20 weeks.  One thing to due is just by a few at a time because you might need a new size in a few weeks.  Also stuff that stretches is the best idea.

• Loading the player...
  • I saw this on one of the other boards and i think it's a MUST HAVE!!

https://www.ingridandisabel.com/

You wear them over your existing pants so that you can use them longer. I'm definitly going to order the white lace one. So Cute!!

• One word of warning re: the bella bands.  I got one early thinking that it would save me from buying an entirely new wardrobe...let's just say those things don't work for everybody.  Mine rolled down so much it put extra pressure right where you don't want it.  My solution?  I went to Motherhood Maternity and bought one pair of black fitted pants with a wonderful hidden expanding panel in front.  They are by Mimi Maternity and were a splurge at 80-90 bucks, but they are the ONLY pants that have continued to fit from the first to the third trimester!  Another suggestion: try all kinds of waistbands.  I started with jeans that had a demi-panel (cut at my natural waist) but by 20 weeks or so they were a complete pain.  Honestly, the best waistband to get through the entire pregnancy was the adjustable/hidden panel ones.  Duo at JCPenney makes an adjustable waist jean that still fits awesome at 36 weeks.  Low cut normal styles (non-preg) also work ok if you want to stay in the regular stores, but I've learned to deal with a small number of pants and buy fun tops on sale (Old Navy and Gap are the best, though Target has some surprises, too). 

Good luck!  I also completely agree w/ pp...don't buy everything early...my shirts are all too short now and my boobs have grown from a 38DD to a 40E!  When you think you are huge...it's just the beginning. :-)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"