January 2011 Moms
Options

Trevor Michael is here :) (story and PIP)

I came in to the hospital yesterday because my belly had been hard since 6:30am. Turns out I was having really big contractions far apart, but in between my uterus was spasming, and the membrane was bulging. They didn't want to send me home because I wouldn't really know when to come back. They decided to induce. 

They started the pit drip at 4am, and I was having contractions but they were like a 5, nothing exciting. They checked me at 6 and 8am, and both times I was still about 2cm. At 10 they started my epi and the nurse broke my water. All hell broke loose, I swear. I didn't realize that it wasn't supposed to hurt (so dumb, I know), so I was in very hard and painful labor for 2 hours.

At noon she checked me again, and I was at 5cm. They topped off the epi, thinking it was because it wasn't right that I was in so much pain, and gave me something through the IV to take the edge off.. which worked for all of 20 minutes. After the IV meds wore off, I was in excruciating pain again, so I called my nurse at 12:40. She checked me again and I was at 9cm! Apparently I was progressing so fast that the epi couldn't keep up. She prepped and made sure I could push, and called my doctor (who totally called that I'd be ready to deliver at 1pm). I pushed for about 9 minutes and Trevor Michael made his appearance! I had to have an episiotomy because his head just wouldn't come through. 

Right now I feel great, I can't feel anything from the waist down. lol. I'm exhausted but so happy. I BFed for awhile, he latched really well and apparently got a lot because when he was done, he spit up on my nurse ;) haha. He barely cried at all, and had his eyes open almost the entire time! He weighs 7 pounds even and is 19.25 inches long. He's perfect :). I'm so happy. And he officially shares a birthday with my best friend Beth!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Trevor Michael is here :) (story and PIP)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"