TTC after 35

snwfields - daycare

We're in the DU area... I think you're in Highlands but I'm not sure where you or your DH work.

We use the Health One Child Development Center at Craig/Swedish Hospital. We love it! We put DD on the waiting list in Dec. b4 she was born (May 2007) and she got in in September. We had one month where we had to use a nanny, but I had a friend who was a nanny who was happy to add one baby for a month. If you are interested, let me know and I can get you the contact information.

I also looked at Porter Hospital, which was OK. However, I ran into a friend whose children started there, but then she moved them b/c she wasn't overly happy with it. I know it's changed management companies since then though.

I met a woman whose children goes to Open Arms Daycare across from Swedish and she really likes it.

I know another couple who use the daycare at the Y at Colorado and Yale, and they're happy with it.

I found the key to getting in was to call monthly. I called our current daycare and Porter every month just to check in. Once DD was born I stopped by in person with DD. I knew when our daycare was finalizing the list for September and called daily. I honestly think that helped her get in when she did.

The only disadvantage with the hospital daycares is that if any staff member at the hospital needs daycare, you can get bumped on the waiting list. With our daycare, once you were in you were set. At Porter, I felt uneasy that if a hospital person needed a spot, I might be asked to leave.

HTH!

Re: snwfields - daycare

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"