Health & Exercise
Options

For all those drinking green tea...

Are you drinking decaf or regular?

I know it is relatively low in caffeine compared to coffee (30 mg/cup vs. 100 mg/cup) but I'm just wondering if I should eliminate the caffeine altogether, since it can dehydrate you and that is the exact opposite effect we all want it to have on CM.

I already had a box of regular green tea bags, so I've been drinking that twice daily but am thinking I should switch to decaf?

TIA!!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: For all those drinking green tea...

• Options

I was told that green tea is not safe durring pregnancy and should be avoided. Did your OB say it is okay? I guess I should do more research. I use to drink quite a bit of green tea but gave it up when I became pregnant.

• Options
    If you're using it when TTC to increase CM, you should be OK. The amount of caffeine it has is very low, not high enough to cause problems. If you're concerned switch to decaf green tea.
    Me: 44 DH: 42. DS born healthy at 40 weeks 8/24/09. TTC since then with no luck or ART. Surprise BFP 8/6/14... MMC @ 8 weeks 4 days... Miss you everyday sweet baby angel.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My doula told me the caffeine in tea is fine, but stay away from coffee, even decaf coffee.
  • Options
    Green tea is not safe during pregnancy, it decreases absorbtion of folic acid.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"