North Dakota Babies
Options

Did anyone take...

...additional cod liver oil supplements when also taking PNVs with DHA?  And if yes, how much? 

The DHA supplement I am current contains 440mg of omega 3 which I believe, I could be wrong, is more than enough for a daily dosage.  The prenatal multivitamin contains 400 IUs of vitamin D which it says in 100% of the daily dosage.  I don't want to over do it and create problems by taking too much.  A book that I've read, The Fourfold Path to Healing, discusses cod liver oil as being very beneficial for reproductive health.  This book recommends 20,000 IUs of vitamin A/cod liver oil a day.  The prenatals I'm taking have 4,000.  Thoughts?

Re: Did anyone take...

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I personally would avoid cod liver oil.  Excess levels of Vitamin A can cause birth defects.  The DHA should be plenty.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagestlucia_wife:

I am only taking my PNV since my doctor said that is enough on its own.  (plus a B12 since my B12 is scary low for a person that eats meat)

You can always take them if you feel the need to.  What ever your body does not need will just get flushed out.

This is not necessarily true. It depends on the vitamin. Some vitamins are water soluble and any excess will be flushed out by the body in the urine. Other vitamins are fat soluble (such as vitamins A, D, E, and K) and are stored in the liver. If you take in too much of these vitamins (through diet or supplements) it can be toxic to your health. Personally I would recommend you consult your doctor about adding another supplement on top of the DHA. Chances are the DHA is enough.

~Sarah & Jason~June 12th, 2009~Siesta Key, FL~
    Planning Bio Married Bio *Work In Progress*
    Formerly Knottie Soon2beMrs.G_09
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"