Preemies
Options

EI Therapist Evaluation

Those of you who have been through this, what should I expect? How do they evaluate the baby?

Re: EI Therapist Evaluation

• Options
    We had a team come to the house to look at the boys.  There was a physical therapist, and occupational therapist and a service coordinator.  They sit on the floor and "play" with the baby to see what they can / can't do based on their adjusted age.  It took about two hours for both our guys. 
  • Options

IT probably varies a little by state..

For me, I had a meeting for "paperwork." the lady came out and asked me about 1000 questions, explained things etc..

She determined that we needed a developmental and occupation therapist eval.. Those therapists set things up seperately. the DT came yesterday and really mostly just talked to me. Because Robbie is still so small there really isn't much they expect out of him, so this was more of a baseline visit..

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    they come to your home and ask a bajillion questions. they'll probably do some physical stuff with the baby i.e. head control. i think our eval took about 1 hour.

Rowen Alexander born 10 weeks early 1/28/07

www.4wquestions.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Mainly an evaluation and filling out paperwork.  Most of the evaluation was checking for gross motor skills, turning her this way and that to check refluxes ... she also checked her tracking skills and generally observed how Zoe and I interacted.  We started this when Zoe was 41 weeks, so it might be different with an older baby.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"