Preemies
Options

WWYD? Need advice

I having lunch with 2 friends and they want me to bring Hailey but i am unsure if i should. WWYD? I think it will be fine but of course I hesitate. Not sure if she is too young. RSV season hasn't started yet buuuttttt i dunno. The more i think about it the more i dont want to. ugh.

Re: WWYD? Need advice

• Options
    I would call her doctor.  I think that will make you more comfortable with your decision.  My daughter was born 6 weeks early during RSV season, but I personally do not believe I would have taken her out that soon if it wasn't RSV season.  She was in the NICU for about 2 weeks, and I was terrified of having her return.  Everyone has their own level of comfort, though, and I certainly would have felt comfortable relying on her doctor's advice had I considered taking her anywhere.
  • Options
    I, personally, wouldn't take Robbie to a restaurant- that's just too many people for me.
    Would they maybe be willing to get take out and come to your house? Or take a picnic in the park (of the weather where you are permits.) ?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    By the way - Hailey is so cute!  I could just pinch those cheeks!
  • Options

I thought about maybe seeing if we can go somewhere where we can sit on the patio as long as there isnt any smokers out there.

I'll give my pedi a call!

• Options
    red- thanks! I do it all the time! That and her little chubby legs!
  • Options
    I think your patio idea is a good one.

OMG, she is frickin' cute! Can't wait 'til my DD gets those chubby rolls!  :-)
  • Options
    I took Sean out to lunch with me and 2 friends at about 6 weeks old and it was RSV season. I just kept him in his carseat with the cover over it and he slept the entire time. No one touching him or even got near him. I took him to BRU and Target starting at about 4 weeks old - same thing - he stayed in his carseat with the cover on and no one got near him. If I had to touch him I sanitized my hands first. Sean was a 33 weeker too. We have been very fortunate. He just got sick for the first time at 8 months old - a stomach virus that he caught from me. Most other preemie parents on here wouldn't have taken their little one out like I did during RSV season.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I took Marit out around 6 weeks, but only to restaurants. I would have the guests come to the house and I would feed her. Then I would get her to sleep and put her in the car seat. We then had a window of opportunity where she'd nap for a few hours and we could go eat. I'd keep her in the car seat and pull a blanket over her. No one bothered her or probably even knew there was a baby in there. She was fine. The patio is an even better idea, if it won't be too hot.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"