Preemies
Options

What to write in card?

A friend of mine had her baby girl 10wks early on Thursday.  We put together a care package (thanks for all the suggestions!) and are going to visit her today. 

I'm just not sure what I should write in the card.  I have a blank one, as nothing I found in the store seemed appropriate.  Did you want congratulations?  Or simply "thinking of you/praying for you"?  Having never been in a situation like this, I am at a loss, and don't want to say the wrong thing!

Re: What to write in card?

• Options
    Say congrats.
    I hated when people acting like they were sending flowers/cards to a funeral when Robbie was born.
    If you want to add something about prayers, make it more like "Congratulations on your new baby girl! Praying for fast growth and good health!" or something like that. Focus on the congrats..
  • Options

It's OK if you already sent the card, but I disagree with pp. . .

i didn't like it when people so happily told me 'congrats' because i did not feel like it was the happy occasion that occurs with a birth.

I'd have preferred  something like "You're doing a wonderful job giving DC everything you can  . . " "Praying for her to grow healthy and strong quickly so that she can come home soon"

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm late chiming in but I hated when people just simply said "congrats" because I wasn't necessarily "happy" that our son was born--it wasn't a joyous occasion--he came too early.  We were so very lucky he did well but just a simple congrats was annoying--people even asked why he had to be in the NICU.  Anyway, if you want to say congrats do so but add something about thinking of your little one and sending positive thoughts for him/her or something along those lines.
    Kim

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"