January 2011 Moms

Acrylic Nails and c-section.......

Do any of you ladies have acrylic nails and if so did they tell you to take them off for the surgery? So they could put that clip thing on your finger? I have had them for abt 5 yrs and to now take them off......hmmm I am wonder how big of a deal it really is to have them on??

Re: Acrylic Nails and c-section.......

• When i had my c-section i never had anything put on my finger. I dont know if thats at every hospital but i know i never had one on my finger before, during the surgery or after. I'd ask your doctor if your concerned about needing to take them off so you would know ahead of time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't think it is the clip thing that is effected, usually for any surgery they don't want anything on your nails because the coloring of the skin under your nail is something they pay attention to cause for the levels of something.. that is what i was always told. so they don't want nail polish or anything so they can see your actual skin. But i agree I'd ask the doctor before hand. You def dont want to be prying them off there.
  • Loading the player...
  • If they're short and not painted, you should be fine.  The light has to shine through your nailbed so if the nails are too long and it can't reach or you have paint on your nails, the light can't shine through.
  • I have acrylic nails that are blue tipped and there was no issues...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"