Birth Stories

Aria has arrived!

So, last Thursday I set up an induction date and time for last Saturday morning at 7am.  My mom left work at 2pm on Thursday and drove down to my house.  Good thing because at 2am Friday morning my contractions started.  I waited an hour to call my husband (who lives 4 hours away for work during the week) because I wanted to make sure that they were the real deal- it was all back labor, how could I be wrong?  So, my DH packs up, checks out of his hotel and starts his drive- he wasn't feeling well AT ALL- he had food poisoning or something.  I deal with my pain until about 5 or so when I call L+D to let them know that I'll be coming in in a little while, my mom calls my sister so that she is ready for us to pick her up, we wake up my 2yr DD and get her ready.  Around 6:30 we finally leave the house to go get my sister.  She gets in the car and I almost vomit- she is trying out a new perfume and it is VERY overpowering.  Well, it was storming like crazy that morning, my mom has terrible night vision, she isn't comfortable driving in "The Cities," and she drives a clutch (and my sister can't.)  Oh yeah, and it was rush hour.  Needless to say the drive to the hospital was quite painfull.  We get to the hospital and get checked in around 7:15 or so, my DH gets there around 8 and was just happy that he didn't miss the birth! He had been calling constantly and was stuck in traffic so he got ballsy and drove on the shoulder just to get to the hospital! 
Thank goodness cause my mom and sister are NO help to me.  My mom was oblivious so just played with DD, my sis tried to help but she has RSD is her dominant arm so she was in about as much pain as me- well, not quite...  DH starts massaging all the right spots, but he's still sick and it is crazy hot in my room so he has to keep stepping out for air.  I'm just trying to breathe through the pain- I will not do pain meds!  Because it was all back labor I kept sitting forward to ease the pain but baby wouldn't cooperate with the monitors so I was made to lay back and have a scalp monitor on baby- so much for walking through labor pains...  My delivery nurse was wonderfull- she stayed with my the majority of the time, she let me make my noises, she did peri massaging and she was super supportive- way better than my 1st labor experience.  The delivery team was also fabulous- I could position myself as I wanted, they had me push I much as I felt I could, I only tore a very small amount- I didn't even need stiches!  At 10:02am on Friday October 5, 2007- Aria Kristine was born.  6# 14oz and 20 1/2" with a full head of very dark hair.  No signs of jaundice, nursed right away and very well (although caused me a little pain, but it is much better now.)  She hardly cries and when she does it lasts about 1 minute!  She has been a great baby so far.  Although my labor was much more painful with DD #2 in some ways the experience was nicer.  Definately memorable with all the excitement!  Amanda =)  
mommy to Alora Marie 7-20-05
and Aria Kristine 10-5-07 

Re: Aria has arrived!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"