Birth Stories

Jace's birth story 17 months later just wanted to share!

I was 38 weeks pregnant and had been on bedrest since I was 34 weeks. It all started on May 22, 2006 at about 1pm... I was going to my doctor every 3 days for a check up and NST due to PIH. I go in the room get on the exam table lay on my side,so I could get my blood pressure taken. The nurse takes my blood pressure and it was up,pretty high,my doctor comes in and tells her to take it on my side. She told him that it was taken on my side and he tells her to take it again,so she does,and it was still up. I didn't have any protein in my urine,and the baby was doing great,so that was good. But he tells me he is sending me over to L&D,he was going to give me cervidil and then induce me the next day,if the cervidil worked. I was only 1CM and 50% effaced my cervix wasn't "inducible" and he told me not to get my hopes up that it doesn't always work. So the nurse comes in with a wheelchair and we head over to L&D. My mom went to the doctor with me DH was at work anyway, my mom had told me all day I was going to be induced, I thought she was nuts,I didn't think I would ever have him lol.   L&D - pre cervidil So we get to L&D I get put in my room get a gown on and hooked up to a monitor. I started calling DH at work, well I couldn't get ahold of him at all! next thing I know he comes walking in my room! I was like "How did you know I was here?" here he had left work to suprize me at the doctors.And they told him I was at the hospital getting induced! He comes in and thinks I'm having the baby right then and there! poor guy lol by then we had called all the family/friends everyone couldn't wait for it to happen. hours go by and I over hear the nurse saying my doctor might not induce me,he may want to wait and see if my blood pressue comes down,because the baby was fine I was fine.I was getting upset this was the 2nd time that had happend.He was going to induce me one other time but didn't after me being in the hospital all day! Anyway,by now it's 6pm and my doctor and a nurse walks in my room, and he starts talking to me about my blood pressure, and how he thinks it would be a good idea if he went ahead and started me on cervidil and then pitocin in the morning (like I would sat no! lol) Cervidil - The nurse and my doctor asked my mom Josh and Crystal to leave my room. My doctor check my cervix again still the same as at the office.He tells me all about the cervidil and showed me it - it looked like a white shoe string, he cut it and then put it in my cervix! it didn't hurt really just alot of pressure.He told me once again not to get my hopes up that it didn't always work,blah blah blah,So I start thinking to myself it wasn't going to work, that I would end up being sent home. My husband,mom,and MIL come back in the room,we were all just talking and stuff,next thing I know I start having contractions! small ones but they were showing up on the monitor oh yeah! I had to stay on one of my sides at all times,because of my PIH.My nurse comes in and tells me I can sit up for a little bit.She stayed in the room to watch my blood pressure,and we started talking about my contractions,and she said SOMESTIMES the cervidil can start labor,I was hoping I would be one of the people it would work on lol but I wasn't. My contractions stopped later that night! I got my cervix checked one more time and I had went to 3CM and 70% effaced! so it was working. and then this other nurse checks me and says I'm only at 2CM,but the other nurse said I was at3cm after the other nurse that said I was at 2 left and rolled her eyes.   Pitocin - After a long night I couldn't really sleep I got up at 6am the nurse came in and took out the cervidil I was at 3cm and 90% effaced. She told me to take a shower and stuff so I did,I took a shower shaved my legs,dryed my hair put a clean gown and robe on. By the my MIL law was back at the hospital and my mom had went home to shower and get ready,DH was passed out in my room. My nurse came in and told me to walk around for a while we my MIL and I walked all around the L&D floor I started having contractions again. By now it's like 8am and we go back in my room my nurse comes in,and she is mixing up my pitocin andmy MIL and I are joking with her telling her to give me a double so it worked faster.Well she went to hook it into my IV and I was like I don't know about this! lol it was a big shock there was no turning back I was going to leave that hospital with a baby! The pitocin didn't work right away most of the time it is started off slow, not mine lol she gave me as much as she could at one time.By now my mom is at the hospital and Josh is up. and I'm having more and more contractions.At 9am my doctor comes in and he says he wants to break my water,I was like "ok" so he breaks it, and I'm waiting for this big "gush" of water next thing I know I feel like I'm peeing all over myself! and I was like "that's it I thought there would be alot of it?" and my doctor told me there was a nice puddle lol my nurse changed the pad I was laying on and everyone comes back in the room.The first contraction I had after my water was broken hurt so bad! and they were coming close together! so close and so hard that the nurse shut the pitocin off. Labor - I was having alot of contractions 3 minutes apart and they were hard! I just layed on my side and I was breathing threw them. I wanted to try and do it without drugs.So a few hours go by and it's 12pm and my contractions are 1 minute apart,still nothing for the pain. By now I was in so much pain, I was holding the rail of the bed and my hand was shaking, Josh was sweet and was rubbing my hand, He was so freaked out, he had never seen me in so much pain before.I stayed calm never yelled I didn't even talk I just did my breathing. My nurse comes in and she is asking me if I wanted anything for pain,she said "I think you should" and I wasn't sure,so she said "let me check you and we'll see where you're at, and we'll go from there" she check me and I was at 5cm.I knew it could still be a while before I had him, So I looked at my mom and asked her what she thought, and she said it was up to me,to do whatever I needed same with my MIL and DH.My mom didn't have anything when she had me.I didn't want anyone to think I couldn't do it,but it hurt so bad I gave in and got an epidural. The epidural - It's something after 1pm, I'm out of it i'm in so much pain, still being calm,I wouldn't let myself freak out, but let me tell you I wanted too! I thought the epidural was going to hurt, but it didn't you're in so much pain it's nothing really to get one lol so here I am sitting up,legs hanging over the bed holding a pillow,the hospital I was at no one but a nurse and the doctor could be in the room while getting an epidural.I was scared and it's the worse being scared and in that much pain.Anyway,the doctor does his thing and I'm having back to back contractions,and I over hear the nurse talking to the doctor about how close they were.And then out of no where I start throwing up.All time I'm getting the epidural,that's nothing next thing I know I have to push! so now I'm holding onto the bed pushing,still sitting up and still getting the epidural,it all happend SO fast,I yelled out "I have to push!" and the nurse tells him to hurry and do his thing so she could check me.I lay back and she checks me and I'm at 8cm and the baby had dropped down.By now I'm having alot of pressure "down there" and I can still feeling EVERYTHING! Pushing - DH,mom,and MIL come back in the room,and I am like "I'm at 8!" and they are like "no way OMG!" the nurse didn't leave the room and I'm having all kinds of pressure,and she checks me again and I'm 8-9cm and she told me to push with the next contraction and I did and by 2pm it was time to really push to get him out. I could still feel everything only one leg went numb the one DH was holding.Pushing was a big shock to me,the nurse told me it would feel good to push,but for me it hurt..alot.So I had my nurse working with me on the pushing and I pushed with EVERY contraction! it was taking everything I had to push and it hurt really bad,I knew something wasn't right,I only got the "urge" to push once,and that was when I was getting my epidural,I would get a really bad pain down there when I would get a contraction and when I would push it would really hurt.Anyway,I push and push and push an hour goes by my doctor is there and I made alittle progress another hour goes by I try pulling on a sheet the nurse was holing,I had everyone just telling me to push,and then I gave one big push and I felt him come down, well by 4 - 4:30 I had nothing left in me to push anymore I started pushing at 2pm. I ended up getting Maternal exhaustion and the doctor had to call "code pink" I had all kinds of doctors and nurses in my room.I'm giving it what I have in me to still push and I just wanna pass out.My doctor tells me she is going to give me an episiotmy and try the vacuum she tells me to push and she gave me a shot down there and then she told me to push again and she cut me, I felt the first little snip it burned but I didn't feel the rest. The nurse had the vacuum all ready to go and the doctor tried once and it didn't work she said she was going to try one more time, and if I didn't have him by 5pm I had to have a C-section.So she got the vacuum on his head again and once I started pushing I couldn't stop just to breathe.My room is still full of doctors and nurses and my mom and everyone is telling me to push and telling me I could do it.And out of no where I felt him down there and I could feel him starting to come out.And as much as it hurt I knew I couldn't stop,My mom was crying and saying "here he comes Andrea here he comes!" I felt his head come out and then I felt his shoulders and then I felt him come out! it happend so fast, she put him right on my stomach I couldn't believe what just happend I had a baby he was here! Josh cut his cord,he was all check out and was perfect.He had a cone head and a big bruise on his forehead,what happend was,where most babies come from the top of their heads Jace was coming forehead first,that's why it hurt so bad and took so long.I ended up with alot of stitches even in my butt! and was really sore! But it he was worth it all! Jace is here - Jace was born on May 23,2006 at 5:03pm he was 8 pounds 6.3 ounces and 21 inches long with a full head of dark brown hair! it was love at first sight! we left the hospital the next day well it was evening he had to be 24 hours old and pass his bilirubin test he ended up having jondis but it wasn't bad at all, we had to take him for a blood test when he was 2 days old, to check it again it didn't go up he didn't have to be treated for it. At the end I didn't really have a long labor my water got broken at 9am I was ready to push by 2pm.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"