Birth Stories

Birth Story in Bio

It was the most amazing experience and I actually can't wait to do it again!
imageLilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Birth Story in Bio

• I loved your birth story and can only hope mine goes so well. 

I am really curious about your job and how you are handling it.  I am also an engineer down in Missouri.  I don't know any other female engineers so I am curious as to how you are handling your maternity leave and/or if you are going back to work.

Congrats on the beautiful baby!

• Maternity leave has been a blessing.  I went into labor 2 1/2 weeks early so I wasn't quite ready to leave work (hadn't fully trained my temporary replacement).  So I was on the phone with work for a few days when I got home from the hospital, but since then they haven't needed to contact me.  I've been checking my emails from home though...yesterday I had 355 unread emails and had just cleaned it out less than 2 weeks before.  I just go through and delete junk mail and only reply to absolutely necessary emails (it's only replied to a few since I've been on leave for 4 weeks).

I had planned on taking the full 12 weeks, but just learned that a got a little promotion.  With the new job, they would like me to start working as soon as possible and fortunately I will be able to do some work from home.  So at 8 weeks, I will start working part time from home concurrently with my maternity leave.  I am sooo happy about that!

My best advice for you is to finish as many projects as you can before you leave.  And FORGET about work on maternity leave.  I'm not sure what you do or where you work but I do know that they will do fine without you!  Enjoy your time with your baby, because when/if you go back to work I know that time will be more limited.  Although I enjoy my job, I am dreading leaving DS and going back to work.

imageLilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Page me on 0-6 month board if you'd like to talk more!
  • Congrats! He's adorable.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"