Although I am in love with my baby girl... — The Bump
Birth Stories

Although I am in love with my baby girl...

I miss my belly and have been caught several times rubbing it as if she were still in there.

Kaitlyn was born 10 days early at 5:25 p.m. on July 4...she's be appropriately nicknamed Doodle (as in Yankee Doodle). She weighed 8 lbs, 2 ounces and was 20 1/2 inches long. She's a wonderful baby!

Here's the story...I woke up at about 6 am with cramping, but decided to take a nap until 9 am. Still had cramping, thought maybe this could be the beginning of something so I ate breakfast. Had contractions throughout the hour and mentioned it to my mom...she and I timed them and at about 10 am decided to wake up my husband. I labored at home till about 1:30 when their nervousness and annoyance convnced me to go to the hospital.

We rang the bell at labor and delivery and I said "I'm here to have a baby" and walked in giggly and waving to my doc who happened to be there at the time. I had seen him at my check up the day before and was 2 cm. The nurses said I was to happy to be in labor and they would be sending me home probably. I rolled with it. They strapped me into the bed, did their thing, and I was still 2 cm...15 minutes later 6 cm...It all went so fast!

They called for the epidural, which had to be done twice, because he missed the landing area the first time...but it was all good once he got it in right. Next thing I know, the baby's heartrate dropped, my pressure dropped and everyone is running around with worried looks on their faces. The doctor came to me and said that he had to take her c-section and NOW. They gave me papers to sign and even though I did not want the section, I've never signed my name so fast in my life!

After they took her the doctor looked over to me and said she would have never made it vaginally...her cord was compressed, wrapped around her neck and her head was stuck in my pelvis bone (she's even got a bruise on her forehead since she was in position for so many weeks and so low). Thank God I was not stubborn and pushing for the vaginal birth.

We did try breastfeeding but she literally bit open my nipples and they were/are bleeding. I ran a 103 degree fever for two days (at home) and couldn't even get out of bed, let alone hold her or take care of her. My milk never came in and nobody at the hospital realized I had been starving my baby for 3 days-even though I kept telling everyone she was losing too much weight (11 oz. between Friday night and Sunday morning). They simply kept brushing me off as an overanxious new mom and babies are supposed to lose weight. I only came to totally realize that I wasn't crazy when I tried to pump after I started bleeding. We have been giving her the formula now for 4 days and she is amazing!!!

Everyone is home and healthy...
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers DX-unexplained infertility January 2010 IUI #1-BFN February 2010 IUI #2-BFP! (Cycle 21) *Beta #1 2/23 126 (14DPIUI)*Beta #2 2/25 311 (16DPIUI)* *Beta #3 3/4 6,313 (23DPIUI)* Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Although I am in love with my baby girl...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards