Pregnant after a Loss

NSALR: Microfiber furniture?

OK, this is way off topic, but does anybody have a microfiber couch or chair that's in that kind of velvety pseudo-suede texture? 

I keep reading that microfiber is really durable and stains come off easily, but I guess I don't trust it.  Since we're about to have a baby spitting up on everything, I need some reassurance. 

My old couch is kind of a heavy twill, and it's gotten really beat up in the last six years.  So I'm not nostalgic for good old cotton, but I don't really trust miracle fabrics.  And leather skeeves me out.

Any input?

Re: NSALR: Microfiber furniture?

• Might I recommend Value City Furniture leather?  It is awesome on spills and for something like $75 extra, you get a warrantee that will cover pretty much any damage.  They come to your house and replace the whole panel right there.

We have a chocolate brown letter 3 piece set that cost something like $2200 and has been awesome.  

• I have a microfiber glider and it does clean up nicely if something spils on it or if the dog has dirty paws.  However it is like velcro when it comes to pet hair.
  • Loading the player...
  • we have micro-suede sofa/chair and ottoman.... we did not get it scotch guarded, and b/c of that I think that we get more stains that show.  It's like a mochachino color, so things do show up.

it doesn't help that our bulldog likes to lick the texture....

now, on the flip side, we have had the couch about 4 years, and it has held up well considering that dh and I are both overweight, and the dog sleeps on it every night.

• We have a microfiber chair and the only problem we've had is when the cat fell off and scratched it.  :(

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The ladies on the D&R board rave about it...they say it's especially good for pet hair, it just wipes off. We're looking for a new couch for the t.v. room and I want to get microfiber. We already have a leather couch.
  • I have a green/teal microfiber couch/loveseat set that I bought in 2000. It's still in our living room and looks great (except where it's faded from the sun). Anyway, when I was in grad school, I spilled a side of marinara sauce down the arm of the loveseat. A little bit of diluted laundry detergent took it right out, no stain! I think it's a great choice, and I'd definitely choose it again!
  • I have a microfiber couch, but we also paid for the stainguard treatment.  Thus far, the only damage has been from cat claws (no stains of anything else).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"