June 2011 Moms
Options

9oz at 18 weeks?

So my baby's a linebacker already. He weighed in at 9oz at my 18 week anatomy scan! He's only supposed to be 6ish. They tentatively bumped my DD up to June 1 making me 19 weeks.

Does anyone else have a big baby already???? Does this really mean I'm further along or is he just huge???

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 9oz at 18 weeks?

• Options
    My doctor told me that the most accurate way to calculate how far you are is in the first trimester.  That even half way through a baby may be measuring ahead or behind the actual week, which is normal.  Did they do an u/s when you first found out?  if not, then the date you or your doctor originally calculated could be wrong and you could actually be 19 weeks! which is always exciting to find out you are farther along:)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    He was measuring a week ahead at my 14 week US but they did not bump my date. I guess he has stayed consistently big!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    They didn't tell us today how much she weighs.  Hmmm...Now I'm curious!
    ~Chelsea~
    image"">imageimage
  • Options
    Hard to tell. With both my kids, the U/S's read BIG baby! I was induced with both because they were saying 10lb babies (that, and I had A LOT of extra fluid) They came out at 7lbs, 5oz for one and 7lbs 8oz for the 2nd.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I had my anatomy scan today. She weighs 12 oz and I will be 19 weeks tomorrow. The tech said she is measuring a week ahead of schedule but they left my due date alone.

I think it's funny she is so big since I have such a tiny bump and weigh less now than I did before I got pregnant due to all my m/s.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We went for our 17 week gender scan our little one was 7 oz. so I don't think your little one is too much of a linebacker! :)
  • Options
    Hmmm, mine was 10 oz this past Monday. They said her weight is normal.
    Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    DS was 9oz at 18w6d - he ended up being 8lbs 6oz when he was born. I was measuring a few days ahead I think with him. 
  • Options
    Phew...this makes me feel better. My husband was a 10+ lb baby and I am nervous our boy will be the same. A little scared!
  • Options

I wouldn't be worried about that at all.  My DD was 10 oz at my scan (I was 19 weeks, 2 days)...she did end up a good size, 8lbs 15 oz and 21.5 inches long... but she was 8 days overdue.  My DH was a 10+lb-er too, so I understand your concern, but I wouldn't let them up your due date based on that...first trimester scans are much more accurate for dating.  I did end up with a c-section, but DD was posterior and I have a tiny frame.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"