Baby Showers

Kids and babyshower

Our family and friends have a lot of children. I want to mention it to my sister-in-law (who is throwing the shower) that we need to have something to keep the kids entertained. But, I can't think of any good ideas. DH thought of getting one of those big bouncy things for the back yard. I thought of having an extra table with crayons, coloring books and a bunch of other fun activities. What do you all think? I also didn't want it to be too expensive since sister-in-law is paying for everything for the shower. DH says he will pay for the big bouncy thing. I don't know what to do though....

Re: Kids and babyshower

• I would not mention to the host of a party that "we need to have something to have the kids entertained."  You are demeaning her hosting ability if you say something like that.

You are the guest of honor.  You needn't and shouldn't be involved with the minutia of the party.  I'm sure you don't want to intimate to your SIL that you think she  can't handle the party.

• If your SIL is hosting the shower, let her figure it out. You are the guest of honor. You are not hosting the shower and should not be involved.
  • Loading the player...
  • I can't imagine people would bring children to a baby shower!!  The focus is on you, and of course it's an adult event and they'll either get sitters or not come.
  • I do think that you should give yourself some slack- as the before mentioned guest of honor. However, i think a coloring book station or even *gasp* video babysitter  like Dora or another age appropriate show could help out and be fun.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"