Baby Showers

XP: Green themed baby shower

Saturday, some of the ladies from my office threw me a "green" themed shower. It was so amazing! Only 2-3 of the people invited are very eco-oriented, so it was a real effort and learning curve for the organizers, but they seemed to really enjoy it.

They used flat diapers and baby washcloths for napkins to wrap silverware - tied with raffia bows. Everyone brought in fabric tablecloths and their silverware and serving platters from home so there was little disposable paper-goods involved.
There were fresh and live flowers everywhere.
All the gifts were wrapped in either receiving blankets or in eco-friendly wrapping or gorgeous baskets.
Several of the cards were the kind you can plant (with seeds embedded).
The office staff went in on a HUGE stash of Mother-Ease bamboo cloth diapers - asst'd fitteds, covers, and one-sizes and inserts.
A few other friends brought various cloth dipes, covers, pockets, cloth wipes, eco-friendly detergents, stain solutions, liners, lotions, etc from some organic stores in their neighborhoods.
There were also super-cute organic layette items from Under the Nile, some Plan and HABA toys, etc.
One girl made these adorable play blocks with needlepoint canvas. Each one has letters and corresponding pictures on the outside, and various noisemakers on the inside (beans, bells, tissue, etc).
Another lady (one of DH's clients whom I've never even met) knit the most adorable little green cap for baby and hand-stitched the edging on a flannel blanket.

all-in all it was so touching and fun to have these people researching eco-friendly items. Everyone was really interested in the cloth diapers and said they learned so much.
There was one friend there that CD's her one-year old daughter, so she was able to attest how simple and realistic it is to CD -- even with daycare.

I will post pictures when they are shared with me.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: XP: Green themed baby shower

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"