Baby Showers

What to Register for

Is it rude to register for a crib and larger items like that? one of my friends said she went to a shower and someone bought the mom-to-be a crib. I didn't think that you register for large items like that? Do you?
Michigan Mom

Re: What to Register for

• Many people do. I know my parents and grandparents like to buy large items. Sometimes a group of people will go in together for a large gift as well. My coworkers often do something like that.
    Just make sure you offer a variety of price ranges, with the majority of your items in the lower ranges.
  • We have a dresser on ours and our stroller is around 300 dollars, other than that everything is well under 80 dollars. We have lots of gifts in the 20 30 and 40 ranges.
  • Loading the player...
  • I wouldn't. Not only is it expensive, but if you don't get it at your shower, there is a good chance you will have to order it because the stores don't always keep these large items in stock. It can take a couple of months for it to come in, and you risk getting stuck without a crib after baby arrives.
    2 girls and a dog
  • i "registered" for everything mostly just to book mark the stuff we want to buy. im not sharing my "registry" with anyone unless they ask or if someone throws me a shower.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"