Baby Showers

how much to spend?

My sister in laws shower is coming up and I have no idea how much to spend on a gift for her.  I have never been to a baby shower so any help would be great.

Re: how much to spend?

• Spend what you can afford.  For a close relative I'll go in the $50 - $75 range; I never use registries but if you do and if she has one, you should be able to find something nice for that amount.

•     ok, thank you so much for your help.  I had no idea and i didnt want to go over board, or the other way.  I was thinking around that price range so Im glad you said that.  thank you very much.
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree- close friend or relative between $50-75. If they are registered then browse the registry.

Also, if you buy clothing try not to buy newborn or 0-3 month sizes. A lot of other guests will tend to do that (not to mention mom to be has probably done a lot of shopping for those as well). Get the bigger sizes like 12 months or 18 months. Babies grow out of things so quickly.

And another suggestion- you can't go wrong with diapers. Though don't buy newborn diapers because most of the time babies never even start off in newborns because they are too big. Diapers are expensive too and I'm sure mom to be will (and should!) appreciate that gift a lot.
  • You can go wrong with diapers. Play it safe and buy off her registry.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"