Illinois Babies

3D ULTRASOUND PLACES

Hello everyone!  I live in the Plainfield, IL area....very close to Naperville and want to get a 3d ultrasound and there are just soooo many places to choose from and so many prices!!  I want to get the best deal for our money, but also get great pictures!  I was hoping to get some feedback from moms who have gone and had a good/bad experience!

Thanks!

Re: 3D ULTRASOUND PLACES

• I think the place I had it done was called Midwest Imaging off Rt 59.  It was a great experience, they gave me a cd with loads of pictures and video clips.  Not sure about pricing since it went through insurance.  I don't think it's the kind of place you can just go to, I think you probably need an order from your doctor.  But if your doctor will write your order and doesn't care where you go, it was a great place.
  • I went to stork snapshots. It's at 87th/Washington Streets in Naperville. I recommend them.

www.storksnapshots.com

Good luck!

• Loading the player...
  • I second the storksnap shots in Naperville - Go to their website - They usually have specials... I took advantage of the father day special in July...

I also found coupons for storksnapshots in some of the stores in downtown Naperville like "Right start"

• 3D ultrasounds are amazing.  I think everyone should have one.  I did it with both of my babies.  I went to GoldenView Ultrasound in Chicago on Belmont for both of my children and will go back if I am blessed with a 3rd.  It may be a bit further for you to drive but it is well worth it and it is a very cool neighborhood on the north side of Chicago right near Wrigleyfield.  We made a date of it on a Saturday and went to dinner and walked up Southport which is a really great street with boutiques and restaurants and pubs just around the corner from GoldenView Ultrasound.    Krista K maternity store is right on Southport as well.  The ultrasound package prices are great.  A friend of mine just got a package on special for $99, I think.  I think I got a premium package but it was still well under $200.  www.goldenviewultrasound.com

• I have been to Stork Snapshots, too.  It's the only place around owned by a real doctor.  They have expanded to include a maternity spa and I got a free 30 minute massage with my ultrasound visit.  The pictures were great and the technician was so sweet.  It was totally different then our hospital ultrasound.  They are always running specials and now they have 15% off their on-line store.  I just bought a monkey tummy time mat for the baby.  I have spent way too much money on this little one and she isn't even born yet!
  • I went to this new place in Oak Park just because it was closer.  It's called First Peek Ultrasound (www.oakparkultrasound.com).  I found out about it on the internet.  The tech was really friendly and she was able to get some very cute pictures.  I went there just to see if it was a boy or a girl, but I ended up getting the higher package.  It was a pretty good deal.  The cheapest one they have there is $79, but I ended up getting the "complete package" for $135 and with the student discount it came out to $115.  My whole family had a great time and I'm thinking about going back there when I'm further along just to see how he (it's a boy!) has grown.

It looks like you posted this back in September, so you probably already went and got one.  Let me know where you ended up going and how it went.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"