New York Babies

Staten Island vs Bay Ridge - Opinions?

Dh accepted a position with a college on SI... I'm interested in a position with a hospital near Bay Ridge. Dh would love to live in Bay Ridge area... but we have a dog and 2 kids and I'd prefer to have a little bit of a yard... so would prefer SI (from what I've read anyway, we've never been to either).

so give me your opinions and any info you have to share.
thanks

Re: Staten Island vs Bay Ridge - Opinions?

• you will get a yard and parking in SI.  Bay Ridge is a little more "city" and more expensive to own or rent.
  • I've lived in both.  you will get a yard on si.  it is harder to find parking in bay ridge.  si is more family oriented imo.  the schools are good.  your commute to bay ridge would not be bad either.
  • Loading the player...
  • it's not impossible to find a house with a little bit of yard in brooklyn. plus, if you live in bay ridge and close enough to the belt you can always walk your dog along the belt parkway. bay ridge is a nice area.
  • its not impossible to get a yard and parking in Bay Ridge, but it sure will cost you!  I love Bay Ridge and if I had the money I would buy in Bay Ridge, but the reality is that Staten Island is more affordable and has a little bit more of a suburban feel with city access.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"