New York Babies

What are you doing for child care

Ughhh...back to work next month. We have Nana for a month and then we have to throw our baby to the (day care) wolves! :'( Not only is it ridiculously expensive but also a crapshoot. Any suggestions or recommendations?

Re: What are you doing for child care

• Honestly, I don't freaking know and it is stressing me out. Most of the centers don't take kids younger than 2 - 2.5 years old.

I found this place called Bright Horizons in Rockefeller Center that looks pretty good, but I'm still waiting for more info.

I'm considering looking for a new job at a company that has an in house day care center, but even those centers are limited to ages and it is hard to tell which companies have them.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I looked into Tutor TIme; there is one on 38th street, between 2nd and 3rd.  We decided to go with a daycare clsoer to our home in Jackson Heights but would have gone with them had we not found this other.  I explored some places in the city and this was the most affordable that I found $445/week.  They have a lot of kids and maybe the one downside was the number of infants (they take 8) and have one caregiver for 4 infants.  Overall, it was clean and the people seemed nice and friendly.  Good luck, this is definitely stressful!

• Loading the player...
  • I heard back from Bright Horizons with their pricing info.

They have a wait list of 6-8 months. It costs $150 to be put on the wait list, non-refundable.

5day a week daycare, 7am - 6:30 am is $2,310 per month.

3 days is $1,686

2 days is $ 1,178

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"