New York Babies

Riverdale Area

My daughter and her significant other moved to New York shortly before she gave birth in October. Their plan was for them to move back to Texas in December. Due to the fact that the baby was born hearing impaired, they have decided to stay with the doctors that know her for the time being. My daughter is now a stay at home mom in a huge city where she knows no one. Having a child with a disability limits her being able to leave her with a sitter. I do sit so that she and the baby's daddy can get out. So... I would like to help her find a way to meet some other young mothers to help relieve the stress of being alone all day in an unfamiliar city. Any suggestions?

Re: Riverdale Area

• try the hospital's resources and other hospitals' resources for new moms; her OB should be able to point her in the right direction. also message boards for different neighborhoods in NYC on yahoo can be a great resource (groups.yahoo.com). I believe both Park Slope and Riverdale have ones. urbanbaby.com may be a good place to post about this too. good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"