September 2011 Moms
Options

Belly Rings...

If you have one, what is your plan for it as your belly grows?

I'm going to be getting a pregnancy belly ring...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Belly Rings...

• Options
    I'm not sure yet..I was eother going to just take it out, or put a piece of floss in..I was going to get a pregnancy ring, but because the stomach sticks out so much when your further along, I don't want to risk bumping it or getting it caught on something and yanked out :::shudders..ouch:::
  • Options
    I had one and said when I get pregnant I'd take it out - which I did.  Of course that pregnancy (in 09') did not last so I probably jumped the gun.  I thought about putting it back in but figured... I'm 32... I'm probably getting a lil' old for it, no??
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have one and haven't even thought about it yet.  What is a pregnancy belly ring?
  • Options

I always said I'd take mine out when I was either 30 or pregnant...and I turned 30 in Nov, so it's coming out!  I'm a squeamish person when it comes to this kind of stuff though, and am afraid to take it out!  Any tips for the ring type?  And keeping the hole clean while it heals?  I think I used to use Dial anti-bacterial soap when I had it first done (12 years ago!).

Maybe I'll just have the dr. take it out at my first appt on Monday, LOL.

• Options
    imagesibemom23:

I always said I'd take mine out when I was either 30 or pregnant...and I turned 30 in Nov, so it's coming out!  I'm a squeamish person when it comes to this kind of stuff though, and am afraid to take it out!  Any tips for the ring type?  And keeping the hole clean while it heals?  I think I used to use Dial anti-bacterial soap when I had it first done (12 years ago!).

Maybe I'll just have the dr. take it out at my first appt on Monday, LOL.

You just have to pop the ball off (or have DH/SO do it), and then you can put vaseline or neosporin on the ring itself so it slides out easily. I think that just regular washing in the shower is enough to keep it clean while it heals, because it's all healed on the inside already, so there's no open skin to get infected. If you've had it while though, it may take a while to heal and close up. I've had mine for close to 10 years now, but a few years back I had laproscopic surgery where they pretty much made a small incision starting from my belly ring hole (I was pissed about that), and I thought it closed after healing for about 3-4 months, but the ring went through easily. I thought I would have to have it re-pierced, but when I went to the place, he didn't have to re-pierce it - it just slid in..
  • Options

imagejjflipt:
    I have one and haven't even thought about it yet.  What is a pregnancy belly ring?

They are made out of flexible material and are made longer than normal to compensate for a growing belly Big Smile

here's a link to look at a few....

• Options
    I took mine out when I was pregnant last time when it started to get uncomfortable from my belly streaching.  They actually sell maternity ones online some where I saw an add for them in the back of a pregnancy magazine (after my hole closed).  They are a lot longer and bendy so they should work well. 
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

I took mine out really early on with DS, as I had a friend whose stretched so badly ... I didn't want the same thing to happen.

I was a bit sad about it, but it ended up being the only area I got a stretch mark ... so there is no way I would want to show off a ring there now anyhow!

• Options
    I havent even thought about it yet.. I guess I might take it out. I took a look at the pregnancy rings and they are cheesy! : /
  • Options
    Besides online, where else would you be able to find the pregnancy belly rings? All i know is if i have to take my out, i will get it repierced because i feel naked without it and it was a hard fight to convince my mom to let me get it at 18!
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"