South Florida Babies
Options

Stretchmarks anyone?

Yes- it happened to me. I have some light pink stretch marks on the sides of my belly. I go through a bottle of cocoa butter a week, smear it on 3 times a day and I still couldn't avoid getting stretchmarks.

My mom has stretch marks, so I figured it would happen to me to, but I was still very hopeful...

For those of you with stretchmarks- what happens to them after the baby? Will my skin ever go back to where it was? Or is it going to hang now? Will they fade some? Will getting a good tan make them look better (after pregnancy of course)?

I love wearing a bikini and I am sad I may never be able to again... I am sure once I meet our little girl none of this will matter, but I am having a hard time dealing with it right now.

Thanks!
Mari

Re: Stretchmarks anyone?

• Options

I've heard they fade, but I still don't know.  I actually made it through my entire pregnancy without a single mark or linea nigra and got both after having her.... :(  I thought I was free and clear.  I'm a little bummed out, but I could care less if they get any better - I will probably still wear my bikini proudly  (although I know pleanty of people will think I'm nuts for feeling this way).

I'm curious to hear what other people say from experience....

imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I was one of unfortunate ones to get them as well.  Mine went hip to hip, all across my behind! They were dark red/pink when I was pregnant, but quickly faded right after I gave birth.  Now they are colorless and nearly invisible.  You can only see the indentation lines of where they were if you look closely, which luckily being where they are, no one every does!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have terrible stretch marks, lower belly.inner thighs, and butt. they have all faded  but the skin on my lwer belly and thighs is totally saggy!!! nothing I can do. I lost all the weight and then some but felt like that just made my skin look worse.....definitely seeing a tummy tuck in my future lol

stretchmarks are usually hereditary so if your mom has them you will ususally have them too.
  • Options
    i nevr had any while i was pregnant, and then BAM 3 days after birth they showed up on my belly. luckily it's just a small patch, but they are still pink and very noticeable 6 months later, so i doubt i'll be wearing a bikini anytime soon. my linea niagra is also still here! i hope that goes away someday too!
  • Options
    I got them in the last month with Sophie and started getting them even earlier in this pregnancy. Sorry to say, but they are forever. They do fade, but I wouldn't suggest getting sun...it will make them worse.
  • Options
    I also got them towards the end of my pregnancy. I used to lather that cocoa butter on, and then when I figured, since it didn't prevent them, I thought it just wasn't working.  Instead I bought https://www.motherhood.com/Product.asp?ViewSource=&Product_Id=45751713&category_Name=Stretch+Mark+Solutions&Category_Id=1713&MasterCategory_Id=28
    This is the best, they are almost gone, and the ones that are still there, are very light, compared to what they used to look like. I LOVE this cream.

GL
  • Options
    Oh boy yes! I got them towards the end of my 3rd tri. They have faded a bit in the last year but I don't think I'll ever be in a bikini ever again, unless I get a tummy tuck and they are able to get rid of all of the stretch marks, then I might reconsider. :o)
  • Options
    I have those puppies ALL over. It's not cute and they won't go away. When I was pregnant I had a few on my sides and then boom I got the famous linea negra and that was one sexy line- ;) I put the cocoa butter cream, I put lotions of alll kinda and still got them.
  • Options
    I, too, put alllll kinds of creams and such, and still go them, all the way to my belly button.  My mom never got ANY but did get them on her hips, me too, but elsewhere also =/  I will not wear a bikini again, just because I don't feel comfortable in one with that showing.  However, I know planty of women who feel fine with it, its is going to be completely personal.  However, I will agree that the moment you see Nadia, you will not care about all of this.  I wear a one peice and don't think twice.

I don't think my husband notices either ;0) My skin has never gone bakc either, even after I lost the weight, like Gretel said, I still had extra skin, that definitely was NOT there before. I have tanned over my stretch marks and it didn't seem to hurt or help, some people say it helps, others say definitely not.  All I can say is don't waste any more money on all those fancy lotions.  They will slowly fade a little on their own.
  • Options

I'm just glad to know I'm not the only one!!!! So many people I speak to say they never got stretch marks I was feeling unlucky! Misery loves company I guess...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"