Boston Babies
Options

Hypnobirth vs Natural Childbirth class?

Would you take one over the other or both? I'd prefer to have a natural childbirth but may be open to an epidural. Is there one that prepares you more for one or the other? Also, besides Isis and Mt. Auburn, are there any other places that offer these classes? Thanks!

Re: Hypnobirth vs Natural Childbirth class?

• Options

Hallmark Health offers childbirth classes. I went to Emerson Hospital in Concord for our classes. They were great. I think they have a hypnobirthing class

• Options
    I took a hypnobirthing class and it was ALL about the birth . . . it followed the Mongan method, which basically teaches you how to control the tension-pain cycle. An emergency situation prevented me from actually having a hypnobirth, but the methods taught I found to be useful during and after my c-section as well as in the days/weeks following.

People who took just the prepared child birth class said it was basically a tour of L&D and the M&I units, the admission procedures, different methods for pain management (from the soaking tub to an epidural), what to expect if a c-section is needed, etc...

Lowell General Hospital offers both, but it sounds like that's out of your way.

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"