Health & Exercise

Let's help each other out in 2011!

Hey ladies,

I was looking on some of the tri boards, and there were a few women talking about helping each other be accountable for their weight during pregnancy, swapping eating and exercising tips and such. Well, I'm not pregnant (yet), but aren't we the health and fitness board? Shouldn't we be doing this for ourselves?

I would love to do this with you ladies if you are willing. What do you think? 

motivationisoverrated.com

Re: Let's help each other out in 2011!

• I am in. DD is 4 months old and I need to stop making excuses and get back in shape. And I definitely need some help in the accountability department...
  • I'm in.  I went into premature labor on October 2nd.  My due date was Jan. 19, 2011.  My son should be home in the next few weeks and I am itching to get back to Bikram yoga.  I want to be a fit and active mom.
  • Loading the player...
  • I love bikram yoga! I want to get back into it as well! I think I'm going to try to go at least once a week starting this week. How's that for a start, huh ladies? :)

Did anyone work out today? I did a 20 minute kettlebell/TRX workout, then 12 minutes on my rowing machine. Going to try to do 30 minutes on the rower tomorrow, that is my goal! 

• imagebeyoga:
    I'm in.  I went into premature labor on October 2nd.  My due date was Jan. 19, 2011.  My son should be home in the next few weeks and I am itching to get back to Bikram yoga.  I want to be a fit and active mom.

Oh my goodness! Sounds like your little guy is a fighter! How many weeks were you when he was born? (if you don't mind me asking. I was a preemie myself born at 28 weeks so I am always interested in hearing other people's stories). I hope he comes home soon!

I did a 10 minute cardio video on SparkPeople (I joined their 28 Day Bootcamp Challenge) and got about 20 minutes of walking in with DD in the Ergo.

I am hoping to get to the gym at least 3x a week and start running again. I would love to do a half marathon this summer. 

• image beyoga:I'm in.  I went into premature labor on October 2nd.  My due date was Jan. 19, 2011.  My son should be home in the next few weeks and I am itching to get back to Bikram yoga.  I want to be a fit and active mom. No kidding, that is crazy! I hope your son comes home soon healthy and happy. My brother was born at 28 weeks or something crazy early like that. He is developmentally delayed, but he's a fairly healthy 25 year old. Doctors didn't think he'd live past 1! Wifey, I'm with you on the running. I'd really like to get back into it, I have bad knees and it's cold and icy where I am - not a great combo for joint problems. I'm trying to convince DH to spring for a treadmill. A half marathon is too far out of my reach for someone with my knees, but I'd love to run a 10K or something like that. 
  • imageLaraGaudess:

Wifey, I'm with you on the running. I'd really like to get back into it, I have bad knees and it's cold and icy where I am - not a great combo for joint problems. I'm trying to convince DH to spring for a treadmill. A half marathon is too far out of my reach for someone with my knees, but I'd love to run a 10K or something like that. 

I have bad knees too (and back and feet, lol) so a half might be out of my reach. But I've always wanted to do one so I am really going to try. And if not, then a 10k or even a 5k. I use to run all. the. time. when I was in high school and college. I had bad knees back then too, but pregnancy really did a number on them. 

I'm in northern MN, so I hear ya on the cold and ice. That's why I need to make myself get to the gym. I hate running inside/on treadmills, but it's my only choice at this point.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"