Detroit Babies

Camping suggestions?

Hi guys... I've never posted on this board but thought you girls would be able to help me with this. This year, we can't really afford the week up in Oscoda in a cabin that we do every summer so we're looking for an alternative. I talked to MIL and she said we can borrow their camper. So we are looking for someplace to take it. Hopefully not too far away, as we'll have to haul it with the truck...and well, gas prices suck. We are also looking for something family friendly. Lots of stuff for kids. We have an 18 month old and we would be inviting friends to join us whose kids range from 19 months - 4 years. So, it would be nice to find something with a nice beach/pool, playground, activities, etc. We'd also like to be able to hook the camper up to the electricity if at all possible. Oh...and the ability to have a campfire would be fantastic. Thanks in advance for your suggestions!!! P.S. We are in the Bloomfield Hills area.

Re: Camping suggestions?

• Go to https://www.michigandnr.com/parksandtrails/

and search for state parks...

I would rec.  Pontiac Lake Recreation Area.  They have many activities like, horse back riding, playgrounds, swimming, fishing, hiking, campfire rings, and they have themed activities for all age groups each weekend.  Check their calendar of events. 

P.S.  if you go to a state park...make a reservation, they fill up.
  • You have probably already gone.. But it's not that bad to get up there. We spend around 80 bucks (round trip) to get to our cabin and back and it's in Tawas. Just thought you should know. Gas prices suck... though
  • Loading the player...
  • There's a nice campground in Cadillac, on M-115 a few miles east of 131. It's run by the state.  Maybe a little farther than you want to drive, but it's got lakefront, electric hookup, and LOTS of families
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"