North Dakota Babies

F/U gas drops

Sorry to disappear from the board - things haven't been easy around here and I've been trying to cope. BFing didn't go as planned and after my milk didn't come in, we decided to FF which wasn't an easy choice but I'm happy to see S gain weight. We did try the gas drops once and it was the only time I ended up covered in spit up formula and a screaming baby - needless to say, we won't be trying those again. Otherwise, I'm trying to get rest when I can and very thankful that DH is pitching in to help out. He's going back to work tomorrow and I'm scared crapless but hoping things will be okay.

Otherwise I'm excited to hear about another baby sneaking in for 2010. So exciting and can't wait to hear about all the new 2011 babies and BFP. :)

Re: F/U gas drops

• Sorry that things haven't been going better for you, hopefully things will get better soon. What kind of bottles are you using? We had similar problems with Landon after he was born and we switched to Dr. Brown's bottles and things got much better. Good luck tomorrow!
    Photobucket AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • So sorry that you've had a rough start.  I feel for you with the struggle & ultimate decision to discontinue BFing, but you had to do what you had to do.  Don't beat yourself up over it.  The important thing is that S is gaining weight!  I cried my eyes out when DH returned to work, & I was scared crapless too.  You will be fine, I promise!  
  • Loading the player...
  • We just changed over to the Dr. Brown bottles - not sure I see a huge difference but we'll keep trying them. I'm guessing all babies get gassy from time to time.

Thanks for all the support. Today has been great since S decided to sleep for 6 hours in a row last night. :) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"